Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Here

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jbomb

jbomb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:42 PM

Hey guys want to say Hi.

I am new and my first question is about a graphics card. I recieved a video game for Christmas and I need a card with pixel shader 1.1 or higher. I am looking at this card (on a budget)

128MB ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AGP8x VGA DVI TV DDR 100435002

But I dont know if it will fit in my computer.

I have a (stock-still under warrenty.) Dell dimension DIM 3000 intel ® Celerron ® cpu 2.66 ghz , 512 MB ram nothing special I know this is hard tell with limited information but I thought I would ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:07 PM

Hi, and welcome to Bleeping Computer! The Dell Dimension 3000 does not have an AGP slot, which is what that graphics card uses. It doesn't have PCI express slots either which are the newer slots for graphics cards. So, if you really wanted a graphics card you would just have to get one with PCI interface. They're not really the best graphics cards, but if your not planning to do any intensive gaming or video editing one would probably be fine.

I have a Dimension 3000 also and I just ordered this card . It seems pretty good, and has pixel shader 3.0. I'm hoping to receive it tomorrow, and I'll post if its good if you are maybe interested.

Oh and if you have any other questions about your dell dimension 3000 system I know quite a bit about mine so maybe I could help you :thumbsup: .
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 jbomb

jbomb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:02 PM

Thank you soo much for the reply that is just what I needed to know. The game I am plannig on playing is Ceasar 4. Have fun and let me know how your card works. If you have good luck with it then I will order one for myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users