Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp And Me Network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 treecec

treecec

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:18 PM

Am sure this has been covered somewhere before, but my search produced nothing so will start a new topic.

I have attempted to set up a home wired/wireless network. I have two XP machines and an ME machine. I am running the network through a Netgear WPN824 v2 wireless home router. My XP laptop has a wired/wireless connection to the router. I run the XP laptop primarily through the wired connection. My desktop XP box is wired to the router. The XP boxes see each other and I can share files between them. The router is connected to a cable modem and I am having no trouble getting to the Internet from both XP boxes.

My problem is the ME box. I have a wired connection to the router for this box. The XP box cannot "see" the ME box, but on the ME box I get the icon (with the XP desktop computer name) for the XP desktop in the "network" page on the ME box. However, the ME box cannot ping the router and cannot access the XP box.

I am using DHCP on the router.

Any help appreciated.

Chuck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:29 AM

I would first check to see what the IP addressing settings on the ME box are. If the ping is not working then I would say this is something to do with it not being on the same physical netowrk.

Run CMD and type ipconfig /all

This will show all of the data for your ME network connections.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users