Click on the link below, go to File, choose "Save page as" All Files and save wallpaperenable.reg to your desktop. Double-click on wallpaperenable.reg and choose "Yes" to merge it into the registry when prompted.http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits...paperenable.reg
If that does not work, then you can use this to fix your desktop. Intended only for XP & Windows 2000
and save to your Desktop.
- Double-click on the cleandesktop.exe
- It will automatically extract to C:\desktopclean where it needs to be to run and will automatically run the cleandesktop.vbs script.
- If it doesn't run, go to C:\desktopclean and double-click on the cleandesktop.vbs. Do not run any other file from there please unless asked to.
- If you have script blocking enabled you will get a warning about a malicious script wanting to run. Please allow this script to run. It is not malicious.
- If you get a message when you first run it "Cannot find script file..." then just double-click the cleandesktop.vbs script again as you sometimes get that message when a script blocker blocks the script unless you disable it.
- It will then kill Explorer. You will lose your taskbar and desktop. It will repair the registry entries returning your normal desktop and context menu functions.
- It will restart Explorer.
- Once you have performed the cleanup, each of the other Users on the System needs to be signed in to clean up their desktop and regain the right click.
- Another vbs is included to do this. It is named Other Profiles Regfix.vbs.
- Have each User sign in and run Other Profiles Regfix.vbs.
- Open C:\
Go to Start > Run and type: C:
Open the C:\desktopclean folder. Double click on Other Profiles Regfix.vbs
- Explorer will be ended and that user's active desktop registry entries will be repaired. Explorer will be restarted.
- To restore the desktop to whatever picture you normally have, right-click on a blank part of your Desktop, select Properties > Desktop tab & select your preferred picture. Press apply & then OK to exit and then press F5.
- You will need to do this step for every user account.
Edited by quietman7, 28 December 2006 - 11:06 PM.