Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Connect The 2 Computers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 marniesmum

marniesmum

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:28 PM

ok bear with me im stressed,
we have 2 computers that run on a router all has been well since yesterday,i rebooted my computer and when my computer turned back on,it couldnt connect it said,
limited or no connectivity,something like that,so i turned the router off for a minute and then turned computer back on and i was back online,thought nothing of it till hubby comes home from work and he turns his computer on and got the same message,so i turn my computer off and he turns his off,and i turn the router off again for a minute,he then puts his computer back on and its connected,i put my computer on and its not connected,we can no longer have 2 computers up and running,can anyone tell me whats wrong,i am going crazy trying sort this out :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:29 AM

Are your network settings still there? I.e. if the two computers are on you still can see the other ones?

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:52 AM

It sounds like your computer may be, being assigned the same IP address by the router.
Go to Start then Run and type in cmd. When the command line window opens type in ipconfig /flushDNS. When the message stating the command was successful type in ipconfig /release. Not turn the computer off after the command has executed. Do the same with every computer turning them off as you complete the commands.
When all of the computers are off unplug the modem and router for one minute. After one minute plug the modem back in, and wait a minute. Now plug the router back in. Once another minute has passed turn all your computers and network devices (If any) on.
This should force the router to issue unique IP addresses to every computer on the LAN.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users