Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Lowers Itslef....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 i_am_cipher

i_am_cipher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:57 PM

hi,

I have this problem with my audio where it just lowers the volume on its own. It used to just do it when I played a certain video game, but now its just doing it for no reason randomly it seems. I need to go into control panel and in "Sounds and audio devices" my main volume is usually at the half way point. Then when i click on advanced, the wav volume is usually turned way down also

My sound card is some integrated crap called realtek, and it uses legacy sound drivers... thats about all i know.

Does anyone know whats causing this to happen?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 i_am_cipher

i_am_cipher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:41 PM

Anyone??? :thumbsup:

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:19 PM

Which one do you have? Mean which type This could be driver issue?

#4 i_am_cipher

i_am_cipher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:37 PM

I use Legacy Audio drivers... I tryed to upgrade them through windows but it tells me my current drivers are the best.

#5 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:00 AM

What speakers do you use?
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#6 i_am_cipher

i_am_cipher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:46 PM

What speakers do you use?

They are harmon Kardon Speakers, i'm not sure what the model number is.... i can't se how that would effect the volume on the computer to drop by itself

I went to the legacy website and reinstalled the sound drivers anyway. Didn't make a difference. The wave volume still lowers itself. Its random, I don't know what is causing it.

This is really driving me nuts

#7 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:55 AM

Do your speakers have a remote control connected to the rear of them? I'm only asking as I had a very similar problem with my speakers and amp.

Have you tried unplugging the speakers and hooking up a set of headphones, just to see if the sound fluctuates in them? That way you can eliminate the speakers or sound card etc!?
Posted Image

#8 i_am_cipher

i_am_cipher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:20 PM

It has nothing at all to do with the speakers. The volume controls on my computer lower themselves, not he volume of my speakers.
I have heard of other people having this same problem. The wav audio in sound control, just lowers by itself. I notice I can't hear anything, I go and look in my audio properties and my wav volume is at about 5% :thumbsup:

#9 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

Have yu looked at the master wave volume control?

#10 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:14 AM

Certainly an odd one mate! Do what Fozzie suggested and if that doesen't solve your problem I would consider downloading the drivers for your onboard sound. Have a look at your motheboard's website for details regarding your audio drivers.

This link may provide some insight?

If that doesen't work, buy a new sound card - relatively cheap now!
Posted Image

#11 i_am_cipher

i_am_cipher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:09 PM

The master wav volume is what is always lowering, and I raise to max...

And i have also reinstalled the audio drivers.

I also checked your link, and whats so strange is, it doesn't seem like any specific program is causing it. and i don't ever notice it occurring. Not like playing music and actually hearing it lower. I usuauly just notice the sound is low, and then check my master volume and notice the wav volume lowered.

this isn't a huge problem, it doesn't constantly do this. I think I'm just stuck with it.... LOL My friends computer does the same thing actually

Edited by i_am_cipher, 13 February 2007 - 12:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users