Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Doctor Popups

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jimmysays

jimmysays

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:19 AM

I am on Windows XP home edition. System Doctor popups started popping up a couple days ago. I have searched it out and found that it is a virus. I have done numerous scans and tried to delete, get rid of, disable, move it, < swore at it > and nothing has worked. Do you know of a free program that I can run or tell me to manually disable it.. I am totally at a loss here. thanks in advance for your help. I hope I posted this in the right place. If not, I am very sorry. This is my first time here. Great site. This one is very much needed.. jimmysays

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:27 PM

You can follow the BC Self-help Removal Guide found here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58656/how-to-remove-systemdoctor-2006-system-doctor-and-messenger-blocker/

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 PancakeofMassDeliciousness

PancakeofMassDeliciousness

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:11 AM

He doesn't have System Tool's installed on his machine, he has adware that's popping up advertisements for System Tools.

I have the same problem.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:29 AM

He doesn't have System Tool's installed on his machine, he has adware that's popping up advertisements for System Tools.

What system tools are you referring to? When answering questions please be more detailed so people may be able to benefit from your post.

I have the same problem.

If you have the same problem, then you are infected with System Doctor as well. Maybe you should read the above article linked by JGweed so you know what the person's problem is.

#5 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,637 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:46 AM

Don't mean to gang up here, but I started writing this out before Grinler posted.

He doesn't have System Tool's installed on his machine,

That's correct, he has SystemDoctor installed on his machine. Who said anything about System Tools?

he has adware that's popping up advertisements for System Tools.

No he had fake warnings popping up from SystemDoctor, which means his desktop has been hijacked by the zlob trojan and possibly others. System Tools and SystemDoctor are not the same thing, you're confusing names here. You are probably thinking of PC Tools (again something different) that makes SpywareDoctor, but that is something else entirely. I suggest you take a step back and take a closer look at what you are dealing with--exact names and spelling are critical.

I have the same problem.

Well, Grinler has beat me to answering this.

jimmysays, please follow the instructions jgweed linked you to. Zlob does change frequently, so if you have any problems or the fix doesn't work, please post back here. And it would be nice to know if it does work for you too.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users