Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Irritating Background Music. Is It An Infection?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RuSa79

RuSa79

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:36 AM

Hi
I have had a lots of problems with errorsafe and regcleaner. Now I hear an irritating music that is looping in the background of my computer. Can that be some kind of infection? Just for the records, I have not been successful in removing either errorsafe of regcleaner, as no software find them, and I can not find them in the registry or folders.

Anyone who can tell me how to get rid of this irritating music in the first way?

Thank you all

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:59 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18610/how-to-remove-winfixer-virtumonde-msevents-trojanvundob/

Follow the instructions in the link above for removing Winfixer, virtumonde,etc.

If you still have problems after, post a Hijack This log by following the instructions in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:07 AM

Check to see if you have any themes enabled in your setup. Sorry, I can't tell you where it's at. I've got my XP set in classic mode and I've turned off themes in my Services. But I remember helping a friend with her computer and I was getting all these strange noises when I'd do things. I thought for sure she was infected with something.

It turned out that a jungle theme was enabled and it replaced the normal windows sounds. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users