Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fellsy1

fellsy1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:23 PM

For a while now I've not been able to hear anything at all if I try viewing any video content online. My volume on everything else is fine - I can play CD's and DVD's as normal and aslo listen to iTunes and Limewire etc but if I want to listen to anything that involves streaming at all - nada. Nowt. It's driving me insane! I've tried downloading FP9 and also Realplayer (again), just in case and done a full restart each time but to no avail.

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 27 December 2006 - 06:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:17 PM

You have software problems that's causing this, and what you listed as what you're using, (especially Limewire), I would recommend you to do a complete virus scan.

iTunes, I'd uninstall that one for sure.
RealPlayer, QuickTime, Windows Media Player, I'd stop using them and use the alternative players from FREE Codecs http://www.free-codecs.com . They have players that play all of the mentioned programs' file types. They're smaller, and cleaner. and they're FREE.

As far as the Limewire is concerned, I hope you're using some type of ip blocking tool, like PeerGuardian 2 http://methlabs.org or a similar program. If not, you can't stop or see all of the ip's connecting to your computer at any given time. Don't ever p2p without some type of ip blocking protection.

Recap..... one or more of those mentioned programs is likely to be the culprit, but at the same time, Limewire could have given you a lamewire (computer infection).

Since this problem is only happening while streaming, then you may need to uninstall that program you're having problems with, then try an alternative one, or reinstall it again and hope it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users