Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Issue/possible Backdoor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:27 PM

Hello Im relatively new to bleeping computer, I was directed here by a friend after the unthninkable happened yesterday

I was doing what I normally do, when all of a sudden MSN live messenger said I was signed in on another computer,, and I didn't take the hint at the time, I just assumed it was a glitch or whatever, but inside me it seemed weird....

10-15 minutes later same thing happened with my STEAM account, that's when I really freaked, I restarted my comp as per my friends advice and when I got back neither would let me in
MSN said my password was invalid
steam would actually start ups ince I was on remember me, but wouldnt' do anything other than that, I couldnt' play games

After doing a system scan with ewido it came up with nothing but tracking cookies, I did a smart system scan with adaware to ensure I was free of anything again, tracking cookies and MRU lists nothing severe

I had AVG going in the background the ENTIRE time this happened so Needless to say I was completely mythed as to how the hell he pulled it off, because AVG has never had a probelm finding running trojans or whatever in the background and I even myself watched my processes list to see if I could find anything out of the ordinary running as I have always known what eveyr process is,

after about 6 hours of frustration, in some ways, I dl'ed norton, and it found a trojan backdoor IRC.ZCREW virus, which is kind of weird because I have downloaded nothing unusual in the past like year
I don't go to sites that have a billion popups, I barely visit anything outside my ordinary, I don't download anything unusual, I don't accept buddy invitations on any program unless I have an itch as to who it is, I run SP2 wiht windows firewall and AVG virus scanner going, Im behind a Linksys G wireless router, HOwever my connection is directly with the computer, the wireless part was only intended for Xbox

Although I never did get a firewall put on the router, I don't think, but even still that's a lot of effort,
those were theo nly two things that were taken so Im right in assuming it was some 16 year old kid with a hardon for a 6 digit steam account he could sell for like 50 bucks, and Ill probably be watching Ebay to ensure its not up there

here is my hijackthis logfile

I just want to amke sure that I still dont' have anything on my computer, becuase if I do, well, It'll be a fun fun day

Irony of all this, It was my 20th birthday yesterday, Lawl, BEST PRESENT EVER ON YOUR BIRTHDAY

haha

If you need me to run any other programs to ensure everything is clean, lemme know and I will

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:15:27 AM, on 12/27/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mHotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDLL32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\AGEIA Technologies\TrayIcon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpohmr08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe
C:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] mHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RunDLL32.exe NvMCTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGEIA PhysX SysTray] C:\Program Files\AGEIA Technologies\TrayIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative Detector] C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe /R
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EA Core] "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Link\Core.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 1000 series.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: Aurigma Image Uploader 2.0 - http://www.photogize.com/PhotogizeImageUploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {193C772A-87BE-4B19-A7BB-445B226FE9A1} (ewidoOnlineScan Control) - http://download.ewido.net/ewidoOnlineScan.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by102fd.bay102.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1150945026187
O16 - DPF: {9B17FE0E-51F2-4692-8B32-8EFB805FC0E7} (HPObjectInstaller Class) - http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/dd/instal...edsolutions.cab
O16 - DPF: {F127B9BA-89EA-4B04-9C67-2074A9DF61FD} (Photo Upload Plugin Class) - http://walmart.pnimedia.com/upload/activex...tupv2.0.0.9.cab?
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807563E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Sandra Data Service (SandraDataSrv) - SiSoftware - C:\Program Files\SiSoftware\SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2005.SR3\RpcDataSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Sandra Service (SandraTheSrv) - SiSoftware - C:\Program Files\SiSoftware\SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2005.SR3\RpcSandraSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:16 PM

Hi resp,

I don't see any signs of that IRC.Zcrew backdoor in your log. Apparently, Norton successfully disabled it.

However, the Norton writeup (see here) makes it clear that this trojan is a serious security breach. If you use this computer for internet banking or online shopping, you need to look at this article:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

At a minimum, change all passwords (financial accounts, e-mail, everything) and carefully monitor your accounts for unathorized activity.

You are currently running two real-time antivirus scanners. This does not make you safer -- the two programs will compete with each other and can cause serious slowdowns and possible system instability. If you have paid for the Norton, I suggest you keep it and uninstall AVGFree. Otherwise, remove the Norton.

No scanner will catch everything, so your experience is not surprising. By your own account, you are not running a software firewall. A software firewall is important because it prevents unauthorized traffic into and out of your computer. I recommend you download and install one of these excellent (and free) products:

Zone Alarm

Sygate

Outpost Firewall Free

Kerio personal firewall

For more information about firewalls, please read this tutorial.

After taking these steps, please go to the website for the Kaspersky online scanner. Accept the terms, let it install an ActiveX program (since you have XP SP2 this is blocked by default, you must allow it), then accept the terms again, let it download the files (about 8 MB total). Click Next, and select "My Computer" as the scan area. Kaspersky takes a long time but it is very thorough. When it is finished, save the report as a text file (easier to work with than an HTML file) to your desktop.

Post that log to a reply here, also run a fresh HijackThis scan and post that log as well.

Good luck,

Dave

#3 resp

resp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:15 AM

Thanks for the reply dave

I have always been against software firwalls because to me they were always a pain in the ass, I had to configure eveyr program to do everything, And I also have always been behind a router, And while it has always been a possiblity of having a trojan or whatever infect my computer, ntohing this servere has ever happened to me

I am still convinced he was only after my steam and e-mail because while this virus does have the potential to do large amounts of damage he did not actually do anything other than jack those two at the start, whereas he could've jacked my WoW account which is worth prolly close to 700 bucks if not mroe if sold right and all that

my sister changed both her passwords to her online banking I as well ahve, and I am going to phone my phone company tomorrow because well, there was my login information to that in my e-mail

I am also going to take precautions and go to my bank to ensure that nothing has happened and I hope for the life of me that everything goes according to plan

I learned my lesson though, never have a 6 digit steam account on your computer ;p
My friends 4 digit got jacked a whiel back but for whatever stupid luck for him he actually found the perp on IRC tryign to sell it so he successfully got it back

Im going ot attempt to do eVERYTHING I can to get my bleep back because well, my e-mail has been my e-mail for 7 years, almost going onto 8 and its important to me, But as life goe son you realize you gotta let go and move on, It did clear out my msn list though Ill give it that, because my msn list was like 200 people long before and now its just down to like 10... 90% of the people on my old list I hadn't tlaked to in a year plus, I was just too lazy to delete them all

Ill be doing everything you said very shortly, maybe in about 10 minutes, I just need to figure some stuff out

all my passwords for EVERYTHING have been changed, I just hope that I remember all of them because well... if I don't Im bleeped..lol

#4 resp

resp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:33 AM

one more thing dave.....
woudl you recommend I take Mcafee over AVG and any firewall you put up, or would your recommend I stick with what I got?

I say this because my friend has a copy of mcafee I could use, And I was wondering what your opinion was of it

#5 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:06 AM

Hi resp,

I'm not very fond of either McAfee or Norton, both use a lot of resources and try to take over your whole system. However you need a working AV and a firewall. If you don't like AVG any longer you could try one of these:

Avast Home Edition is available here.

Avira AntiVir can be downloaded here.

Both are free for home use.

However, no AV is perfect. I've seen lots of infected computers with up-to-date subscriptions to Norton, McAfee, and the other popular choices. That's why a software firewall is so important. If something does get in, your firewall will prevent it from "phoning home" with your personal information or implementing whatever other mischief it was designed for (denial-of-sevice attacks, mass spam mailings, etc.).

I have always been against software firwalls because to me they were always a pain in the ass, I had to configure eveyr program to do everything

I can't disagree, but the more chatting, game playing etc. you do, the more you need one.

Again I urge you to install one of those firewalls. Also please do the scans I asked for and post the logs back here.

Dave

#6 resp

resp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:49 PM

I took sygate last night and installed it

I was about 70% through the online scan you gave me, when I decided to go to bed, and in my paranoia I didn't wanna leave my computer on all night..since I was afraid something might happen..lol Love how this goes now haha

Doing it right now and Ill get it all to you in about 40 minutes

#7 resp

resp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:30 PM

Scan saved at 12:28:41 PM, on 12/28/2006

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDLL32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGEIA PhysX SysTray] C:\Program Files\AGEIA Technologies\TrayIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe -startgui
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative Detector] C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe /R
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EA Core] "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Link\Core.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: Aurigma Image Uploader 2.0 - http://www.photogize.com/PhotogizeImageUploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/kavwebscan_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {193C772A-87BE-4B19-A7BB-445B226FE9A1} (ewidoOnlineScan Control) - http://download.ewido.net/ewidoOnlineScan.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by102fd.bay102.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1150945026187
O16 - DPF: {9B17FE0E-51F2-4692-8B32-8EFB805FC0E7} (HPObjectInstaller Class) - http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/dd/instal...edsolutions.cab
O16 - DPF: {F127B9BA-89EA-4B04-9C67-2074A9DF61FD} (Photo Upload Plugin Class) - http://walmart.pnimedia.com/upload/activex...tupv2.0.0.9.cab?
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807563E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Sandra Data Service (SandraDataSrv) - SiSoftware - C:\Program Files\SiSoftware\SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2005.SR3\RpcDataSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Sandra Service (SandraTheSrv) - SiSoftware - C:\Program Files\SiSoftware\SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2005.SR3\RpcSandraSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Sygate Personal Firewall (SmcService) - Sygate Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:27:58 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.83.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 28/12/2006
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 240474
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: standard
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 80392
Number of viruses found: 0
Number of infected objects: 0 / 0
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 01:21:32

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg7\Log\emc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log.lck Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\settings.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\2006-12-28_Log.ALUSchedulerSvc.LiveUpdate Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Application Data\AOL OCP\AIM\Storage\All Users\localStorage\common.cls Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Application Data\AOL OCP\AIM\Storage\data\fireboi007\localStorage\common.cls Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Feeds Cache\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\rbell_13@hotmail.com\SharingMetadata\Logs\Dfsr.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\rbell_13@hotmail.com\SharingMetadata\pending.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\rbell_13@hotmail.com\SharingMetadata\Working\database_5414_7E13_147D_F7F6\dfsr.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\rbell_13@hotmail.com\SharingMetadata\Working\database_5414_7E13_147D_F7F6\fsr.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\rbell_13@hotmail.com\SharingMetadata\Working\database_5414_7E13_147D_F7F6\fsrtmp.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\rbell_13@hotmail.com\SharingMetadata\Working\database_5414_7E13_147D_F7F6\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\rbell_13@hotmail.com\real\members.stg Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\rbell_13@hotmail.com\shadow\members.stg Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012006122820061229\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Temp\~DF2FB3.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Temp\~DF2FD3.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Temp\~DF94F8.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Temp\~DF9521.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\AntiPhishing\B3BB5BBA-E7D5-40AB-A041-A5B1C0B26C8F.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\ryan1\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\debug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\rawlog.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\seclog.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\syslog.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\tralog.log Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B850D662-0B44-4772-B52C-16BE94993F2A}\RP161\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\ODiag.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\OSession.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dtscsi.sys Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sptd.sys Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sptd6845.sys Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

#8 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:56 PM

Hi again,

You still have two antiviruses running. Please uninstall one of them as I mentioned before.

Otherwise, your logs look OK. Please remember though, we can't give you an all clear. Keep a close watch for any signs of strange activity. Keep an eye on your e-mail and other password-protected information.

There's still a bit of cleanup to do.

Get rid of temporary files and folders:

Get ATF Cleaner here . It does not require installation, just download it to your desktop.
Double-click the ATFCleaner icon on your desktop to launch the program. For this first run, check the select all box on the main page, then click Empty selected. Then, if you use Firefox or Opera, click on the appropriate tab and repeat the same drill.

Now you need to Flush and Reset your System Restore files. For this I refer you to this tutorial:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-xp-system-restore-guide/

Finally, please read and implement the recommendations found here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/keep-your-computer-safe-online/

Of the programs recommended there, I especially urge you to add Spywareblaster to your arsenal. It uses no resources and immunizes you against a large number of threats. Just be sure to update your protection often.

To the advice presented in the tutorial I would add: Use caution when you surf. Popup ads, even on a trusted website, are the real time equivalent of unsolicited e-mail. Investigate free software carefully before you download it. Avoid peer-to-peer file sharing and any kind of illegal website, including gambling.

Please post back if you have any questions or notice any problems. I will leave this topic open for a while.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by DaveM59, 28 December 2006 - 05:56 PM.

#9 resp

resp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:03 PM

k
Norton did not fully uninstall because I crashed the program that was actually uninstalling it unknowingly becuase it seemed to me to be a really odd program so I didn't want to take any chances

its gone now

Firewall is upand running

I will dl that program when I get a chance to for now I have to go faint from working out lol well kind of lol

Ive followed the guide that you provided for security and how to keep yourself safe for well over 4 years now, because I originally had like 5000 viruses at one point

My P2P choices are torrents because you can see comments about if its clean and the quality, I do have limewire on here, but its rarely active, and when I do dl off of that, I pick the most popular files to ensure that its not bugged,

Thanks for the help, And all, And Ill see you around on these forums.. :thumbsup: As I have decided to dedicate some time to help otehrs with issues I am more familiar with..mainly hardware and gaming

#10 resp

resp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:53 AM

I have one more question , But Im going to take it to a personal message, If you mind Just ignore it and tell me but.. You'll see :thumbsup:

#11 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:57 AM

Hi resp,

Norton did not fully uninstall

its gone now

Do you mean Norton is gone, or the uninstall program? and what were you using, by the way?

Please see This tutorial.

After following the directions there, post a fresh HijackThis log to a reply here.

One of the things I like least about Norton is that it's harder to remove than most trojans! :thumbsup:

Good luck,

Dave

#12 resp

resp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:14 PM

Nortons gone, Ill do the hijackthis again just in case but I had to go online and get hte norton remover off the symantec site in order to finally get rid of it

had I not actually crashed the program that was uninstalling it, pretty sure it would've bene gone then, but I did, And well, Yea..lol..
Scan saved at 10:11:45 AM, on 12/29/2006

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe -startgui
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/kavwebscan_unicode.cab
O23 - Service: Sygate Personal Firewall (SmcService) - Sygate Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe

#13 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 02:29 PM

Hi resp,

Yep, Norton's gone. Good job, as you found out, it's a challenge.

I find it funny that Symantec had to create a special removal tool for their own program. There are similar tools created (some by BC staffers) for notorious infections like Wareout, Smitfraud, and Vundo. :thumbsup:

I think we've gone about as far as we can with your computer. Please implement those instructions in my post from yesterday.

Also I feel like I have to make one more shot at convincing you to steer clear of peer-to-peer downloading. One of the fundamental principles of safe computing is to never download a file unless you know exactly where it came from and trust the source. The very nature of P2P, torrents and the like, violates this principle.The programs themselves may be clean, but you don't and can't know the source(s) of the files.

Well, that's the pitch. Obviously, it's your computer and your decision. Good luck with your computing, I'll probably see you in the Hardware forum, I still hang around there a bit. Too old for games though...

Don't hesitate to post back if you see any odd activity on your machine.

Dave

#14 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:29 AM

Since this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is closed.

If you need it re-opened, PM me with the URL.

This applies to the original poster only. Everyone else please start a new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users