Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Dvd Writer Not Burning

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sportsbaron

sportsbaron

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:14 PM

I have a HPDVD640c lightscribe writer it's a DVD + - RW ....it'll read CD's and DVD's and burn CD's but will not burn DVD's......anyone know how to help me with this?

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 27 December 2006 - 12:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sportsbaron

sportsbaron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:26 PM

it may be a driver related issue or one where I have installed and uninstalled burning software, my problems seem to stem back to installing then uninstalling Easy CD Creator 4 with Windows XP on my computer

#3 sportsbaron

sportsbaron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:38 PM

can someone please answer

#4 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:31 PM

Note to self never refresh haha...

your problem might be hardware related

if you can prove that without a shadow of a doubt its not software related then its more than likely some fault with the manufacteur of it, do the following ot prove its not software related

uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy of the DVD burning program

try and get your hands on another if you can, if not, Oh well, because if you can get 2 programs that fully function right then you can prove that it is in fact your hardware

question that should be asked is what does your dvd burner do when you try and burn a DVD, does it attempt to burn it but not work, or does it just give you an error and not do anything?

#5 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:03 PM

Download DeepBurner http://www.deepburner.com and try to burn a dvd using it.

Also, what software are you using to burn your discs? The reason I ask is because I have the HPDVD640i, but I don't use the bundled software that came with it.

#6 acidburned

acidburned

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:50 PM

i had the same problem with a not to old dvd burner.i just went out and bought a new one.

#7 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:05 PM

I could not burn DVD's using Window MP10. Have not tried it since I've updated to version 11.
Used Sonic once or twice...but wasn't real sold on it,so have downloaded DeepBurner...
Thank You Walkman.
Looks like it may be the answer!
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#8 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:43 PM

I could not burn DVD's using Window MP10. Have not tried it since I've updated to version 11.
Used Sonic once or twice...but wasn't real sold on it,so have downloaded DeepBurner...
Thank You Walkman.
Looks like it may be the answer!

It's a good and clean software. I like it, thanks to usasma for replying to a post, and I saw it.

#9 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:17 PM

It's a good and clean software. I like it, thanks to usasma for replying to a post, and I saw it.

Glad you and I can agree on some things Walkman! :thumbsup:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#10 sportsbaron

sportsbaron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:09 AM

I don't think it's hardware related, I believe it's related to the registry and or drivers. the software seems to work fine. anyone know how to test if it's registry/driver related?

Thanks to all who have replyed so far

Edited by sportsbaron, 28 December 2006 - 08:09 AM.

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:56 AM

I have seen problems with the Easy CD Creator software. If uninstalling it didn't work, then I'd suspect leftover registry keys are causing this problem.

If it's the Easy CD Creator, you may want to visit their website to see if they've got a removal utility - or manual removal instructions. Otherwise, you're left with registry diving and deleting keys - which can hose your system!

Another option is to use Total Uninstall to reinstall the program. Then remove it with that program (I'm not familiar with the freeware version, but I believe that it can do this) - this'll point to registry keys that are leftover - and their removal log will point you to the keys that couldn't be removed.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:15 AM

Burner issues can be caused by a number of different things. That's why if people have rw/rom issues, I suggest uninstalling all burner software and then reinstalling it. Actually, that's the quick fix.

Another good FREE registry cleaner is:
Eusing Registry Cleaner
http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleane...try_cleaner.htm . Try any other cleaner 1st, then try this one, and see how many invalid registries it will find. It's been very helpful, and very keen on finding those invalid registry keys and data.

And like usasma suggests..... ALWAYS,, ALWAYS,,, have a program installed that can monitor any and all installations you make on your computer. That way you can easily go and manually delete files if needed.

And just so you'll know, even if the program has been un-installed, and it's registry keys/data have been removed, that doesn't mean that you removed every file belonging to that program. Some of those files are still left in folders and other areas. Also, some files actually over-write the files you already had. So be very careful of that part. So even if you uninstall a program, it could have changed a file in which you already had on your computer,,, and thus,,, causing you problems.

That's why I recommend uninstalling some known junk programs before doing anything else. Then follow it with a registry cleaner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users