Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Remove Files Already Burnt To Disc?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bone Idol

Bone Idol

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:57 PM

I have burnt these files to a disc - but I can't seem to remove these same temporary files from waiting to be burnt to a disc. It doesn't matter what I do - these files show up again.

Thanks for any help!

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:06 AM

Did you try deleting them in safe mode without Nero or Ahead Nero running?

#3 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:40 AM

Thank you for your interest, Enthusiast. I'll try deleting in Safe Mode.

This is the sort of thing I'm getting when I try to delete these files the normal way.

Posted Image

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:50 AM

Also, it would be a good idea to get a program as to where you burn your data immediately when you load it up and not put it in a "que/cache" of some sort.

I've used the Windows burning tool, and I must admit that I don't need it when I've deleted the file from my computer, but it still shows up as ready to burn. And also the fact that it's so hard to even remove the references of the files you're not going to have to burn even if they're not on your computer..

You can use DeepBurner It's (FREE)
http://www.deepburner.com . It'll take of your burning needs. Use that one instead of the Windows default burner. The Windows burner will complicate your computer because when a file no longer exists, but Windows keep showing that it is still there. It will interfere with your burning.

#5 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:23 AM

Sorry Walkman, but as a newbie I don't know what you mean. I don't see how I can avoid sending data I want to burn - to the Windows 'CD Drive (D:)' . If I use DeepBurner or my CopyToDVD - I still don't see how I can avoid going through to the Windows CD Drive.

If I want to make a backup of my Firefox bookmarks, I go to Manage Bookmarks - Edit - Select All - File - Export - and then I have no option but to click CD Drive (D:).

If I open up CopyToDVD there is no option for importing my bookmarks.

#6 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:53 AM

you're either doing something wrong, or something is wrong with your software(s).

If I took my CopyToDVD and wanted to burn my bookmarks, all I have to do is locate my bookmarks, load them in, and then burn. If you can't do that, there is a problem on your end.

I never saw the Windows burner load up if there is other software installed on a computer that can burn a disc. It it does that, then you need to make sure that the program you want to use is the default program for your burning activities.

Also, if you're wanting to burn media, don't use the right-click to open the burn process. I found that you will have more problems doing it that way vs loading the burner program by the Start menu or desktop icon, then navigating to the file(s), then burning them.

As far as CopyToDVD is concerned, you can burn your bookmark if you goto your

Windows Explorer>Document and Settings>Default User <in most cases> or your username,>Application Data>Mozilla>Firefox>Profiles/******.default folder, and your bookmarks.html file is right there.

I just tried it with my CopyToDVD, and I had no problem burning my bookmarks on disc.

#7 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:17 PM

I've solved the problem. The software has been corrupted somehow. Every time I tried to delete these files that I have already burnt to disc - I would get a notice saying that certain files cannot be deleted - or that if I delete any of these files I would lose those programs from my system (which is not true -- all of these files would still remain active and located in my Programs Files.

So I deleted them - and whenever I'd get a warning, I'd override it.

#8 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for those instructions, Walkman - I tried it and it works! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users