Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dwwin Error And Set Point Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Toti

Toti

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:26 PM

Hi guys!!
beforehand thanks for any help and assistance in this matter and please forgive my english :flowers:

O.S. windows Xp home sp2
Intel P 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
1.50GB RAM
sound card DiamondXtreme sound5.1/16 Bit
eGeForce 7900 GTX 512 MB
logitech trackman wheel
Saitek keyboard
P.S. 535W

Ok a few weeks now I been having this error at shutdown:
dwwin exe DLL Initialization Failed
The app failed to initialize because window station is shutting down.

I try disable the dwwin "doctor watson" as Microsoft explain , but I was still getting the dwwin message in shutdown , well ok I search teh forums in this site and found this :
=======================================================

"dwwin.exe is part of Dr. Watson error reporting service. This is a part of Windows. It can become corrupt for various reasons. The quick way around your particular problem is to disable Dr. Watson. Here is how to do that:

Start > right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > click on Error Reporting

Now select the radio button next to "Disable Error Reporting" and uncheck "But notify me when critical errors occur". Next Click OK, and OK to back out of this part of the procedure.

Next go to: Start > Run and type "services.msc" (without the quotes), click OK.

Scroll down the list to Error Reporting Service and right click on it. Select Properties. About half way down this dialog box you will see a pull down menu next to "Startup Type". Select "Disabled" (if it not already). Click Apply, then Ok, and then close the remaining box with the red X in the upper right hand corner.

You are done! Reboot and see if the problem goes away. Report back. "

This post has been edited by Albert Frankenstein: Mar 15 2006, 07:22 AM
===========================================================

Now , my situation is , that Im not gettin no more the dwwin message , but instead , Im getting this error message :
------------------------------------
Set point.exeApplication error
The instructionat "0x78310fb8" referenced memory at "0x10603a94" the memory could not be "read"
click OK to terminate the program .
------------------------------------

can someone give me a hand in this :thumbsup: how to Fix it , I try my best but seems im doing something wrong , point me in the right direction guys , this error is pretty anoying and making my computer shutdown very long and slow down my syst. if thers a need for a Hijack log post let me know.
Than you ver much for S.O.S.

Toti

Edited by Toti, 26 December 2006 - 11:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:16 AM

setpoint.exe - setpoint is Logitech SetPoint Event Manager for Logitech mouse or keyboard.

Try disabling it in your Windows startup menu, uninstall it or update it or see if the following helps:

http://www.file.net/process/setpoint.exe.html

#3 Toti

Toti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:29 AM

HI Enthusiast !!
Thank you very much for reply , Im on it !!
will post my results .

Toti

#4 Toti

Toti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:53 AM

OK guys Im back .

Well fourtunally teh set point exe. is located in program files and is not in any other location , like in syst.32 or "my files" the icon is in the toolbar located close to the clock , that;s a good sign so , I went to my Task manager and check wich one was the Image name of exe that was sucking mem usage , form my syst. and decide was the set point , so I end process , then shutdown computer and ........... WualA!! teh message error is gonne , well looks like the new driver version of setpoint logitech needs to be off , or otherwise will , make dwwin.exe appears , once I reboot my computer just exit the process in tool bar and the problem its gonne .

Thank you very much for assitance Enthusiast , to lead me in the right direction and for the search :flowers:

So the fix is ; Download the new version driver from the Oficial site , then Set your Logitech trackman wheel as desire, and then exit app. from toolbar , to evitate dwwin.exe at shutdown , Fin

I wish to all members of this forums a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! :trumpet: :inlove: :thumbsup:

Toti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users