Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Download Wmp11

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 terrbear

terrbear

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:16 PM

I am trying to upgrade from wmp9 to wmp11. After I click on the download now botton from the Microsoft website, the installer window pops up and then I click on the open button. When I do that I get this warning saying " wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu- [1].exe is not a valid win32 application". I talked to Dell and they said talk to Micosoft and they want to charge me $35.00. So, can you help before I antiup the money? Just to let you know I had to reboot WindowsXP. :thumbsup:

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 26 December 2006 - 05:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:23 PM

Your best bet would be to download the Media Player Classic from FREE Codecs http://www.free-codecs.com

It plays all of the WMP files, and it's much smaller, with less stuff being installed on your computer.

There are just too many alternatives out there that are safer and friendlier to install and use. But installing probably any MS product, or just updating, you're taken through too many security checks, which I'm sure it's the cause for many of the problems with people trying to download/update their software.

#3 terrbear

terrbear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for the tip, Walkman. I will check it out and if it works I'll let you know.

#4 terrbear

terrbear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:58 PM

Well I found out why it won't download, come to find out that I have some corrupted files in Windows XP. So, looks like I'll be rebooting my system......again. :thumbsup: Hope it works this time. Maybe I should have asks Santa for a new computer. :flowers:

#5 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:06 AM

You wrote:

So, looks like I'll be rebooting my system......again.

... or do you really mean reinstalling the os? :thumbsup:

It may be a pain to do, but at least you'll have a better working computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users