Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Pc On Network Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 treizi

treizi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:07 PM

Previously I was trying to setup a pre-n router with another computer using the pre-n pci wireless card. Because of software issues from Linksys, I downgraded to the SRX router, and I'm using the 54g + speedbooster pci wireless card in the other pc to connect wirelessly. My other laptop connects to the internet just fine, as well as the hardwired pc.
The PC running the linksys card is running XP and we just upgraded to 512mb ram. I believe it's a 1.7mhz so it's not a terribly old computer. Well, we finally got all the hardware and software installed, and the computer is able to acccess the internet, but whenever you try to change to another website other than the initial one that's bookmarked, the computer restarts itself. Any ideas on why it might be doing this or how to get it resolved? After the whole Pre-N problem, I'm about ready to toss this Linksys stuff out the window.

Not sure if this would apply, but the PC has also updated to run the new explorer 7 version. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:26 AM

If it is resetting itself this sounds like either a Driver (most Likely) or a virus. I would make sure that you have the most upto date drivers from the manufacturers website.

If themachine is resetting this is a hard one to fix. I would say the first this I would try would be to narrow down the wireless issue by disabling the wireless card and pluging in a ethernet port and seeing if the net then works. This will give you a solid answer to what is causing the issue. Whether it be the PC or the Wireless NIC drivers.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users