Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Auto Scroll.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:58 AM

I have a problem with IE7 auto scrolling on every page.As soon as I enter a site eg here,the page starts scrolling in a slow jerk up and down. I right/left/ double click either on the page or side bar and it will stop it scrolling and as long as I then use the up/down/left/right keys it is ok but as soon as I use the mouse wheel again it starts the page moving up and down again.

I also use Firefox and it doesn't happen there. It is only IE7 i have this problem with. I find it very irritating and would like to find how to turn it off.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Bluesjunior.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 03:02 PM

There are at least two kinds of "AutoScroll".
One in which the scroll-rate can be accelerated by moving the mouse pointer away from its anchor icon. If that's the one you're using perhaps you just need to move the mouse pointer closer to that icon?

See if This Micro$oft KB article helps.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users