Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Can Not Fully Load

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Seras

Seras

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 03:16 AM

I hope we can resolve my problem and get my computer to function normally again.

Since last Wednesday, my computer would stop loading at this screen:

We apologize for the inconvinence, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If a previous your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent setting that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed or if you arenít sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent setting that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Press the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

I've tried all the options except "Safe Mode with Networking." Also, all of the options I've tried lead me back to this same page. Is there anyway to get pass this while also allowing me to keep my old data?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:23 AM

Do you have recovery or restore CD's for the computer? If so, what do the labels on the CD's say? What's the exact make and model of your computer?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Seras

Seras
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:20 PM

I unfortunately don't have any recovery CDs, but I own a HP Pavilion a1020n Desktop PC.

#4 DemonSui

DemonSui

• Members
  • 325 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:48 PM

wow, more HP problems.. does it have a floppy?
Let free your emotions so I can destroy them!

PSP M33 USER.

MY new PC is a laptop and I love it.

#5 Seras

Seras
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:50 PM

I bought an external floppy disk drive awhile ago.

#6 DemonSui

DemonSui

• Members
  • 325 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:03 PM

good lol, try creating a boot floppy from another computer, and boot using that. someone else will have to give you the link for a boot floppy. I can't remember if I took my boot floppy offline or not, but it would be at http://h1.ripway.com/DemonSui/boot.zip it needs to be extracted to a floppy's root (I cannot gurantee it will work for you, I haven't worked with your pc model). It is my personal backup, if you trust me and it

PSP M33 USER.

#7 Seras

Seras
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:27 PM

The link lead me to a "File not Found." Do you think you could rehost the file again please?

#8 DemonSui

DemonSui

• Members
  • 325 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:47 PM

I cannot, my pc is shot, and my brother's is the "BIG problem" thread, I have no pc access at all. (do not ask how I'm online, it's complicated, and I'm not explaining)

PSP M33 USER.

#9 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 09:49 PM

When did this problem begin and did you try using "last known good configuration"?

If last known good config doesn't work and the problem began within the last three weeks you can try using Windows System Restore from safe mode with command prompt if you can access safe mode.

If you can boot to safe mode with command prompt do so aqnd then do the following:

To start the System Restore tool at a command prompt:
1. Restart your computer, and then press F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in Safe Mode with a command prompt.

2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.

3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.

#10 Seras

Seras
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:59 AM

The problem started on December 20, and I tried the "Last Known Good Configuration" option the minute I came home in the afternoon too. It didn't work.

I've also tried using Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Command prompt, but what happens is that the screen fills with .sys things then restarts until I reach the same page again. Basically, I can't get pass step one.

#11 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:28 PM

A while ago HP lost a law suit about the fact that HP does not send out recovery software with the computers. What you have to do is call HP and if your computer qualifies you might be able to get free recovery software for your system and all you have to do is wait a few weeks for it to arrive,

#12 Seras

Seras
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:16 AM

I've called Hp Tech Support and I'm experiencing an agonizing 4 hour (and still going) wait. Is there any recovery software available online?

#13 Seras

Seras
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:53 PM

To DemonSui:

I've gotten a boot file from this computer and loaded it to my other computer. I'm now getting a

Starting...

A:\>

What do I do now?

Edited by Seras, 28 December 2006 - 09:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users