Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio File Types

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SRK62

SRK62

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 02:05 AM

Recently when I tried to play a song that I downloaded,the message came that "The file you are attempting to play has an extension that does not match the file.Playing the file may result in unexpected behavior".
This came in both Real Player and W.M.Player.The former attempted to find the extension from the net but could not.
I could not determine the file type from the 'properties option'.
How can I find the file type and download the correct extension/plug in/codec and make the player play it?
I have directX 8.1 in my computer which is using w2k professional+sp4 and IE6 though I usually use the Firefox browser.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:59 AM

In Windows Explorer you can go to the tab Tools>Folder Options, then click on the tab View and un-check the box that says "Hide extensions for known file types."

By doing that, you'll see the extensions of every file you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users