Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop Cs2 Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Detox

Detox

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 02:05 AM

Ok, something's wrong with Photoshop CS2. When I copy and paste a picture onto a blank image, the picture's colours gets messed up. Here's an example

Original
Posted Image

Photosho
Posted Image

Now the strange thing is, when I go to preview the picture in Save to Web, it looks normal, like the original. The colour only changes when i'm in editing mode.

Anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it?

EDIT: I checked around some more. Everything's effected, the brushes, paint bucket, everything has that yellowish sepia hue.

Edited by Detox, 26 December 2006 - 02:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 toshibauser

toshibauser

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 01:25 PM

Make sure the color on your monitor is right, and make sure photoshop is set to the right colors.
look here
http://ask.metafilter.com/mefi/43786

btw Shift+Ctrl+K

Edited by toshibauser, 26 December 2006 - 01:28 PM.

#3 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:11 AM

Make sure the color on your monitor is right, and make sure photoshop is set to the right colors.
look here
http://ask.metafilter.com/mefi/43786

btw Shift+Ctrl+K

Ctrl+Shift+K will bring up your color profile window (color settings). Since you said that it looks funky when you are working on it, but looks ok after you save it, I don't think it's your monitor. I'd lean more towards a color profile mismatch of somesort. Chances are that if you're saving an image from a website, or even one that someone sent you, then you might not have the appropriate color profile for that image, which is why you get that off color. While monitor color is very important, I don't think that it's causing this problem.

I'd hit Ctrl+Shift+K and be sure that there's a check in the box Profile Mismatch: Ask when opening. If anything asks you about a profile, I'd simply select "Discard the embeded profile (don't color manage)". I do this constantly at work and don't have any problems with it.....unless I'm printing...but I use a $4,000 printer that requires a ton of stuff to get it to have the color match my monitor...including profiles, color calibration software that matches the monitor to the printer, donor calibration, paper calibration...etc. etc. :flowers: It's a whole different beast!

Try what Toshiba user said and check the settings like I've recommended, then let us know how you fare and we'll go from there.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users