Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Computer Savvy At All, And Infected With Adware!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 volatile00

volatile00

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:22 AM

i recently noticed that my computer was slowing down. i also noticed that after i closed programs such as AIM (aol instant messenger) and firefox i would get a message that "we are sorry we had to close this program" or something like that and gave me the option to send an error report or not. anyways, i ran a bunch of virus scans and on the symantec website it said that bhobj was infected with adware.webdir http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-102111-4150-99

this seems pretty severe and i'm really worried that i'm not going to be able to get rid of this without having to reinstall everything and such. i'm not computer savvy at all (i know a few things, but when it comes to viruses i have no idea.)
it says this form of adware usually deals with internet explorer, but i only use firefox..
anyways, can anyone guide me through on how to get rid of this? or do i have to get a pro? im pretty upset that i have something on my computer thats marked as "high impact" :thumbsup:
any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:16 AM

Hey there and welcome to BleepingComputer.

First thing to note is that most malware problems can be fixed easily with anti-virus/spyware scanners.
Have you got these installed on your PC? Have you tried running them yet?
I think we should start with a malware scanner to try and remove whatever the problem may be.
Just a little note that I don't really trust the "threat rating" systems with most AV companies.
For all we know at the moment, the follow scanner will simply remove the infection - Don't panic.

Please download, install, and update AVG antispyware
Load AVG antispyware and then click the Update tab at the top. Under Manual Update click Start update.

After the update finishes (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")
Then click on the Scanner tab at the top. Click the "Settings" tab and then change the recommended action to Quarantine.
Click Automatically generate report after every scan. Click back to the "Scan" tab and then click on Complete System Scan.
This scan can take quite a while to run, so be prepared. Ewido will list any infections found on the left hand side.

When the scan has finished, it will automatically set the recommended action. Click the Apply all actions button.
AVG antispyware will display "All actions have been applied" on the right hand side. Click on "Save Report", then "Save Report As".
This will create a text file. Make sure you know where to find this file again (like on the Desktop).
Close AVG antispyware and reboot!! Please post the log in your next reply.

David

#3 volatile00

volatile00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:05 PM

alright well i ran that avg anti spyware program, and it told me that 139 objects were infected!! :flowers: :thumbsup:
for some reason out of the 50 or so spyware/adware that it found, it only gave me the option to clean 2?
i also got 2 logs for some reason, i want to post them but it has some personal information in it (names/last names)
is there any way i can do this safetly? i'm sure i can trust you but i dont know if i want my personal information on here..

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:25 AM

If you have microsoft word installed, paste the logs there. Hit "control + f" together to open the "find and replace" utility.
You can then hopefully replace your name with a wild card. Then please post the logs, so we can see what AVG did.

#5 volatile00

volatile00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:15 PM

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{8A406068-D45C-40B9-A096-38AC717FB608} -> Adware.WebDir : No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{8A406068-D45C-40B9-A096-38AC717FB608} -> Adware.WebDir : No action taken.
HKU\S-1-5-21-1551900867-2210413551-13759953-1005\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{8A406068-D45C-40B9-A096-38AC717FB608} -> Adware.WebDir : No action taken.
HKU\S-1-5-21-1551900867-2210413551-13759953-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{8A406068-D45C-40B9-A096-38AC717FB608} -> Adware.WebDir : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Cookies\Anonymous@2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@2o7[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : No action taken.
:mozilla.282:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : No action taken.
:mozilla.283:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : No action taken.
:mozilla.828:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : No action taken.
:mozilla.829:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Cookies\Anonymous@adbrite[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : No action taken.
:mozilla.704:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adjuggler : No action taken.
:mozilla.705:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adjuggler : No action taken.
:mozilla.706:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adjuggler : No action taken.
:mozilla.115:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : No action taken.
:mozilla.119:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : No action taken.
:mozilla.120:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : No action taken.
:mozilla.121:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : No action taken.
:mozilla.123:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : No action taken.
:mozilla.124:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : No action taken.
:mozilla.462:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : No action taken.
:mozilla.741:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : No action taken.
:mozilla.74:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : No action taken.
:mozilla.75:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : No action taken.
:mozilla.76:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : No action taken.
:mozilla.77:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : No action taken.
:mozilla.90:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adtech : No action taken.
:mozilla.91:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adtech : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@adtech[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Adtech : No action taken.
:mozilla.50:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : No action taken.
:mozilla.51:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : No action taken.
:mozilla.52:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : No action taken.
:mozilla.53:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : No action taken.
:mozilla.54:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@advertising[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@advertising[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : No action taken.
:mozilla.65:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@atdmt[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@atdmt[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : No action taken.
:mozilla.347:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstbeacon : No action taken.
:mozilla.116:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : No action taken.
:mozilla.117:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : No action taken.
:mozilla.118:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : No action taken.
:mozilla.185:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : No action taken.
:mozilla.186:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : No action taken.
:mozilla.187:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : No action taken.
:mozilla.188:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : No action taken.
:mozilla.189:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : No action taken.
:mozilla.190:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : No action taken.
:mozilla.191:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : No action taken.
:mozilla.442:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Com : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@data.coremetrics[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Coremetrics : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Cookies\Anonymous@cpvfeed[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Cpvfeed : No action taken.
:mozilla.66:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@doubleclick[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@doubleclick[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : No action taken.
:mozilla.398:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Euroclick : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@as1.falkag[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Falkag : No action taken.
:mozilla.82:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : No action taken.
:mozilla.83:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : No action taken.
:mozilla.884:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Googleadservices : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@ehg-medtronic.hitbox[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@ehg-newegg.hitbox[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@ehg-y2m.hitbox[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@hitbox[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : No action taken.
:mozilla.7:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hotlog : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@hotlog[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hotlog : No action taken.
:mozilla.378:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : No action taken.
:mozilla.652:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : No action taken.
:mozilla.654:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@sales.liveperson[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@server.iad.liveperson[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : No action taken.
:mozilla.733:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Masterstats : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Cookies\Anonymous@image.masterstats[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Masterstats : No action taken.
:mozilla.84:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@mediaplex[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@mediaplex[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : No action taken.
:mozilla.757:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Myaffiliateprogram : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@data1.perf.overture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Overture : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@overture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Overture : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@perf.overture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Overture : No action taken.
:mozilla.78:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : No action taken.
:mozilla.79:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Cookies\Anonymous@questionmarket[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@questionmarket[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : No action taken.
:mozilla.402:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Revenue : No action taken.
:mozilla.403:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Revenue : No action taken.
:mozilla.793:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : No action taken.
:mozilla.794:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : No action taken.
:mozilla.795:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : No action taken.
:mozilla.796:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : No action taken.
:mozilla.797:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : No action taken.
:mozilla.798:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Cookies\Anonymous@adopt.specificclick[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : No action taken.
:mozilla.9:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Spylog : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@spylog[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Spylog : No action taken.
:mozilla.216:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
:mozilla.217:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
:mozilla.218:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
:mozilla.219:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
:mozilla.220:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
:mozilla.221:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
:mozilla.222:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
:mozilla.223:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
:mozilla.224:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
:mozilla.225:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
:mozilla.226:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
:mozilla.227:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@statcounter[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : No action taken.
:mozilla.152:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : No action taken.
:mozilla.153:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : No action taken.
:mozilla.154:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : No action taken.
:mozilla.155:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : No action taken.
:mozilla.159:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@tacoda[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : No action taken.
:mozilla.88:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tradedoubler : No action taken.
:mozilla.89:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tradedoubler : No action taken.
:mozilla.85:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Cookies\Anonymous@tribalfusion[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Cookies\Anonymous@reduxads.valuead[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Valuead : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@statse.webtrendslive[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Webtrendslive : No action taken.
:mozilla.13:C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8nm2dg64.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yadro : No action taken.
:mozilla.851:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yadro : No action taken.
:mozilla.852:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yadro : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@yadro[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Yadro : No action taken.
:mozilla.111:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : No action taken.
:mozilla.112:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : No action taken.
:mozilla.113:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : No action taken.
:mozilla.114:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : No action taken.
:mozilla.125:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : No action taken.
:mozilla.126:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : No action taken.
:mozilla.141:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Zedo : No action taken.
:mozilla.142:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Zedo : No action taken.
:mozilla.143:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Zedo : No action taken.
:mozilla.144:C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfhrwqcx.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Zedo : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Parents\Cookies\parents@zedo[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Zedo : No action taken.

and then for some reason i have a second one?
(it only asked me if i wanted to clean 2 items i think..)

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP271\A0023685.dll -> Adware.Webdir : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP272\A0023721.dll -> Adware.Webdir : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Program Files\DIGStream\digstream.exe -> Not-A-Virus.Downloader.Win32.DigStream : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).

#6 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:36 PM

We can delete the rest of the found entries manually.
However, note that most of these are harmless.

Please open notepad and and copy and paste next bold in it:
(don't forget to copy and paste REGEDIT4)

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{8A406068-D45C-40B9-A096-38AC717FB608}]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{8A406068-D45C-40B9-A096-38AC717FB608}]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\S-1-5-21-1551900867-2210413551-13759953-1005\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{8A406068-D45C-40B9-A096-38AC717FB608}]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\S-1-5-21-1551900867-2210413551-13759953-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{8A406068-D45C-40B9-A096-38AC717FB608}]

Save this as "fix.reg" Choose to save as *all files and place it on your desktop.
It should look like this: Posted Image
Doubleclick on it and when it asks you if you want to merge the contents to the registry, click yes/ok.

I want you to clean your cache and cookies from your internet explorer.
There are a few infected files which need to be removed from your system.

Close all instances of Internet Explorer .
Go to your control panel and open "Internet Options".
Click on the "General" tab.
Click the "Delete Cookies" button, then the "Delete Files" button.
When prompted, place a tick in the "Delete all offline content" box and click OK.

Also, please clean other Temporary files and Empty the Recycle Bin

Go to start and click on the "run" button.
Type the following in the fox --> cleanmgr and click ok.
Let it scan your system for files to remove.
Make sure only Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are checked.
Press OK to remove them.

I also want you to clean your cache and cookies from your firefox browser.
There are a few infected files which need to be removed from your system.

Open the firefox browser.
Click on the "tools" button and click on "options".
Click "privacy" in the menu on the left side window.
Open the History, Cookies and Cache tabs individually.
Choose the "clear" button on each.
Click OK to close the Options window

Are you virus scans running clean now?
Does Norton still notify you about bhobj?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users