Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Termination From Blank Page

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kboaz2001

kboaz2001

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 25 December 2006 - 01:55 PM

For the last few weeks, I have been having a problem while on the internet. When closing out a box that I have opened a page titled “Blank Page” comes up, my internet session is terminated and an error message is sent to Microsoft. I have run all of the anti-virus and anti-spam software using Norton, and have totally cleaned the drive using all of the tools on Fix-It Utilities, including cleaning the registry, deep scanning the drives and optimizing the drive. I have contacted Norton and Fix-It and no one seems to know what to do. I tried to post this message before and when I spelled checked it, Blank Page came up and terminated my internet session. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? It is driving me nuts!! Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bruce S.

Bruce S.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:45 AM

I am having similar problems and also my dial-up connection won't come up now when I click on IE7 icon or the outlook Express icon. Only things I have found common to this problem are missing files (iecont.dll , iecontlc.dll , and ieuinit.inf) and also installing add-ons from the IE7 tool menu under add-on manager which takes you to the Microsoft website where they tell you about add-ons for IE7. Everything started working right after I uninstalled IE7 and it took me back to IE6, I then reinstalled IE7 and it too worked fine for awhile then I installed an add on called (iespell) which is a spell checker for on-line forms and such, it works fine, but IE7 no longer brings up the dial-up connection for me.

I hope in some way this helps you to find an answer to your problems and please let me know if you find anything I might try for my problems.

Thanks, Bruce S. : :flowers: :thumbsup:

#3 kboaz2001

kboaz2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:17 PM

Bruce S. Thank you so much for your suggestion. I did delete IE7 and that cured the problem of the dreaded "Blank Page Syndrome" I did try to reinstall IE7, but the BPS once again reared its ugly head, so now I am using IE6 as my browser. Thanks again and Happy New Year!

#4 kboaz2001

kboaz2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

I finally solved the problem of the Blank Page bu reverting back to IE6. I was so pleased. Then yesterday my hard drive died. When we tried to boot the computer up in the morning, it would only boot to an error screen. I talked to Dell for 45 minutes to an hour trying to get my computer, all to no avail. Thankfully the computer is still under warranty, so I will get a hard drive later this week. But my family and I lost 9 months of documents, pictures and other things. Bummer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users