Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone Know How To Remove Ads From A Dvd?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bone Idol

Bone Idol

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:16 PM

Does anyone know a simple way to remove the commercial breaks from movies recorded onto DVD discs?

I have tried to do this with VobBlanker using trial-and-error (as nowhere have I been able to find a guide for doing this with VobBlanker). There are plenty of guides around for using VobBlanker, but so far I haven't found even one that explains how to remove the adverts from a DVD movie.

I don't mind using some other software, if that's the only alternative you know of.

I can do this reathoring with DVD Shrink - but it always leaves a one-second freeze-frame wherever I have cut out the commercial breaks. I've been trying to use VobBlanker to overcome this problem.

I am looking for freeware to do this job.

Thank you everyone - and a very Merry Christmas to you all!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,004 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 25 December 2006 - 01:33 AM

When you use DVD Shrink are you allowing it to finish the read and then choosing to reauthor and then clicking and dragging the movie alone to the left? This should leave you with the movie only, and there shouldn't be any breaks.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2006 - 05:23 AM

Thanks - I'll check that out, dc3.

Meanwhile, I've just solved all my reauthoring problems:

1. Use DVD Decrypter to burn DVD movie to harddisk folder.
2. Edit out the ad breaks from the movie using VideoReDo Plus.
3. Burn result to disc using CopyToDVD.

I've finally got this all to work very smoothly... with very seamless joins where I've removed the adverts.

Happy New Year to you all! :thumbsup:

#4 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:05 AM

Oops... It's all turned to crap again.

VideoReDo Plus now continues to intermittently show scrambled images whenever I try to reauthor one of my DVD movies. Playback will be okay for awhile - then suddenly it all goes beserk. I've used their 'QuickStream Fix' - but this doesn't work.

So I'm back to square one. I think I'll stick to DVD Shrink in future to do all of my editing of commercial breaks out of my recorded movies. Great pity about the one-second freeze-frame wherever I've made the cuts - but...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users