You have no active AntiVirus!
Get the free AVG 7.5 install it, check for updates and run a full scan
AVG 7.5 - http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/
Sorry - HiJackThis is runing from a temp directory and must be moved to run correctly
Click here to download HJTsetup.exe: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index....=tpmod;dl=item5
Scroll down to the download section
Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Download AVG Anti-Spyware from http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
and save that file to your desktop. Note: This is NOT the Anti Virus from AVG.
When the trial period expires it becomes feature-limited freeware but is still worth keeping as a good on-demand scanner.
1. Once you have downloaded AVG Anti-Spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double click it to launch the set up program.
2. Once the setup is complete you will need run AVG Anti-Spyware and update the definition files.
3. On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.
o Next select the "Start Update" button. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
4. Once the update has completed, select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
5. Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
6. Under "Reports"
o Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
o Un-Select "Only if threats were found"
Close AVG Anti-Spyware. Do Not run a scan just yet, we will run it in safe mode.
1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode then hit enter.
IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning as it may interfere with the scanning process:
2. Launch AVG Anti-Spyware by double clicking the icon on your desktop.
3. Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".
4. AVG will now begin the scanning process. Please be patient as this may take a little time.
Once the scan is complete, do the following:
5. If you have any infections you will be prompted. Then select "Apply all actions."
6. Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.
7. Select the "Save report as" button in the lower lef- hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file. This is important).
8. Close AVG Anti-Spyware and reboot your system back into Normal Mode.
Post the log from AVG and a new HiJack log