Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 7 Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 julia_73

julia_73

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 24 December 2006 - 10:02 PM

Hi all

I have a major problem when I downloaded IE 7. I am running on Window XP Professional.

1. Yahoo Mail don't open right. e.g Clicking on Compose/Check mail button will not work. Email messages received can't be read as before. My mail messages were blank and in order for me to view i have to click on - Save Message Text | Full Headers. Which I never had to do before.

2. Yahoo Games. I can't play Yahoo Pool. This is what I get - http://games.yahoo.com/games/login2?page=p...p;ss=1#stayhere

everytime I try to open web sub folders, the address bar will show the link with #

Now I can't even play music. My wmp won't work either. It upgraded to WMP 11 but when I look at the properties in the setup file I saw - "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:1

What I have done:

Uninstall IE 7 then it automatically roll back to IE 6 but when I look at 'About Internet Explorer' it shows blank even the cipher. So I went back to Microsoft site and try to follow the instruction to reinstall IE 6 but the thing is its on Service Pack 1. I have Sevice Pack 2.

My problem now is that I can't view yahoo mail, play games and launch WMP.

What do I need to do to restore my settings or correct the problem. I did click on system tools - system restore but it was blank.

I have been trying to rectify this error 3 days straight and I am getting very upset. Please help. What can I do?

Thanks in Advance

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 25 December 2006 - 01:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 25 December 2006 - 03:24 PM

Hi julia_73 and Welcome to Bleeping Computer,

There are some fixes in This Micro$oft KB Article called "How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer or OutLook Express."

It also has links providing information on Backing Up your Registry,Obtaining The Latest Service Pack For IE6,and the Windows Update Site.

Hope this helps,
Happy Christmas!
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 25 December 2006 - 08:36 PM

What about downloading Firefox to get you browsing safely?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users