Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions About Slax And Linux

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:58 PM

Recently I was bored so I decided just to try Linux for fun. I downloaded Slax and its pretty cool. I'm thinking about maybe trying others, but I was wondering if most Linux programs are pretty much the same?

Also I was wondering about modules. How do you install modules to work with a live cd? I tried downloading some games for Slax, but I couldn't download them onto my hard drive or the cd. The instructions on the website says to download them on the cd. So I download to desktop and after it finishes i click on the icon and then it disappears. Are live cds just not meant to have modules added on to them? Thanks for taking the time to read this. :thumbsup:
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 kbk

kbk

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:28 PM

I don't think you can write to a live cd because after you burn the cd, it's burnt, and you can't add more to it later. Most linux programs are the same, since they are usually universal (if it's for one distro it's usually for all of them).
www.thisisbeyondbelief.com

#3 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:14 PM

When I had to use PCLOS I could d/l it and install the different programs but when the puter was turned off they were gone of course. It was a live CD too. Try PCLOS it was my favourite live Linux Distro.

-Steve
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users