Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Monitor Problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jandree

jandree

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:04 PM

I just purchased a new Sceptre x22WG-Gamer 22" LCD Monitor and i am having some troubles with it.

When i first turn it on, everything runs perfectly and i have no problems. After about 30 or so seconds, i start seeing these colored, static-looking horizontal lines that are evenly spaced across the middle of the screen.

This happens when I am running in VGA mode. When ever i try to run in DVI, the monitor doesn't get a signal.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the cables that came with the monitor. any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:00 PM

What is the refresh rate set at in Windows? I believe the recommended setting for your monitor is 60HZ.

See this support article from MS for details on finding your refresh rate.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311403
JC

#3 jandree

jandree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:52 PM

the refresh rate is at 60hz which the recommended setting....i'm still getiing these static lines...arg!

#4 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:40 PM

It could possibly be a problem with your video card. Have you tried it with a different video card or different computer?

#5 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:00 PM

Unfortunately, the manual for you monitor is not available on the Sceptre website. If you have followed all the steps in the manual provided(they did provide one, right?) and it still doesn't work...I would suggest trying it on another computer to see if you have the same problem. If it does the same thing on another computer, I would guess that the monitor is defective. It is also a little strange the DVI doesn't work either....

Since it is brand new, why don't you try to contact their technical support team. According to their website,

Email Support is strongly encouraged and preferred! All Emails
answered promptly!

I am a bit of a pessimist, but it's worth a try.

http://www.sceptre.com/Contact/index.htm
http://www.sceptre.com/Contact/techsupport.htm
JC

#6 jandree

jandree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2006 - 10:17 AM

I tryed it on a different computer and i still get these static-looking lines across the middle of the screen...arg!

no manual or cd or anything came with the monitor, just the monitor and a few cables.

i contacted sceptre tech support to see what they say. i may need to RMA this thing and get a new one.

thanks for your help

Edited by jandree, 24 December 2006 - 10:33 AM.

#7 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2006 - 10:32 AM

Let us know how you how it goes.
JC

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2006 - 11:13 AM

I'd suggest 2 things:

1) Update your video drivers to the latest, WHQL certified versions
2) Install the latest monitor drivers available from here: http://www.sceptre.com/Support/FTP/monitors.htm
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users