Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Turns Off When Too Busy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Banks

Banks

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 04:49 PM

Hello AGAIN. Well yeah I have a problem with my sony Viao laptop. It seems like everytime I try to do two things on my laptop or try to burn a cd into my computer it turns itself off. Ill be in the middle of something and out of nowhere the screen turns black and its really annoying. Does anyone know the reason it does this?

And I also have another problem, I always burn cds from my computer to a blank cd. But recently just this week when I tried downloading music onto a cd it said the cd was blocked? And I tried like 20 different cds and it said the same thing. So I recently bought a whole new pack of blank cds and I tried downloading and now it says that theres an error when creating the disc and the dis ejects itself off, the closest it gets is downloading two songs onto the cd and then it says there was an error during the process. Help with this would be great too.

:thumbsup: :trumpet: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Banks

Banks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2006 - 05:43 PM

*ahem*

Oh and when it turns off it just turns black, like it doesnt go through the shut down phase.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2006 - 09:40 AM

Have you tried a temperature monitoring utility? Here's a free one: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Also, try this free, standalone CD/DVD burner: http://www.silentnight2004.com/microburner.html
If it works, then the issue is likely with your burning software. If it doesn't work, then the issue is likely with the drive or it's settings in Windows.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Banks

Banks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2006 - 07:27 PM

What does the temperature monitoring utility do?

#5 pac73

pac73

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 25 December 2006 - 09:28 PM

It monitors your pcs temperature.It tells you how hot your pc is,and if your fans are working as they should.

#6 Banks

Banks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:47 PM

And what happens if there not working?

And I went to the speedfan link, where do I download it?

Edited by Banks, 08 January 2007 - 08:49 PM.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:05 AM

Click on the Download link in the toolbar at the top of the page.

If your fans aren't working it'll show 0 rpm for the speed. Once installed it's important to let us know what it found out so that the results can be interpreted. Some settings/labels aren't very clear.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users