Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can You Spare A Minute?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 craig-s-147

craig-s-147

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 04:36 PM

Hi all

It's not often i post here but i thought this was appropriate

This is just a wee message to ask you to spare a minute tomorrow to think of the family's who have Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Brothers and Sisters who are serving their Country in Iraq and in other parts of the world and can not be here to spend Christmas with there family's.

And also take the time to remember the Servicemen who have fallen in the line of duty in Iraq, Afghanistan and in both world war's.

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Thank you Brethren for your thoughts

Craig

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:31 PM

It's a beautiful thought, Craig, and if gentle hugs could become wee puffs of air, every person serving and every family missing and/or mourning, would feel a gentle puff a wind on their face and know we all care.

(Our grandchildren's school decided to send 'shoe boxes' filled with wee gifts from the kids plus cards and letters to the people serving so far from home - and I'm still smiling imagining the soldier's faces when they open the Christmas boxes to find toy 'tops' and loved collections of 'Hot Wheel' cars, etc - all chosen by the little ones themselves and while far from 'useful', they were given with love and I suspect that's really all that matters, right?).
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:02 PM

Some of us, but a few at times, remember our brothers and sisters serving.

I'll say again. A simple card/letter means a lot to those serving.

Anything else one can do to help out serving Military or their families is appreciated by all.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

There was an article in a local paper about writing letters to our Canadian Soldiers serving our country over in Iraq and other such places.
They really enjoy the support and encouragement and bonding with fellow North Americans.
I decided to write a letter to the address that was provided,have not yet had a reply,but do know someone who has.

Like KoanYorel says,a little effort to put a smile on our Servicemen/womens faces is priceless.

If anyone would to write a letter to a Canadian Forces Member overseas,PM me and I will gladly give you the address I have.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:46 PM

Let us remember...

Sometimes I think we forget those
Whose world stop so that they may serve
As close as a television commentator
But yet a world away
Let us never forget when the tv gets turn off for the night
That they must always be diligent and ready to fight
For us, and for our freedoms

May God protect our military while they are away from their families.
rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users