Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gay Marriage Your Opinion

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 04:34 PM

I was wondering what everyone thinks of the gay marriage thing going on.

I dont think we should allow gay marriage in america. Its not the people I dont like its what they are doing.

I am a Christian and am Against gay marriage because the Bible says its wrong.

Whats your thoughts on it?

Everything in nature requires both a male and a female to reproduce. You even have to have male and female ends to make your piping work in your house.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:06 PM

Marriage in itself honestly doesn't have all that much to do with breeding, in all honestly. Most may think about whether they'd like to have children or not 'sometime in the future' prior to marriage - but truly, I've not met anyone that says the only reason they are marrying is to reproduce.

'Gay' marriages? - I'm all for it!

And although the Bible may frown on 'Gays', every single person in our world is not a Christian - and, for that matter, I suspect a lot of Christians are very tolerant. And for those that aren't, while I'm guessing here, many a Christian may change their minds if someone they loved dearly like a son or daughter or brother or sister was Gay and they simply wanted them to have the same chance at happiness that all of us, being human, are entitled to.

And besides, if each is created "in His image", then how can being 'Gay' be wrong' - because sexual orientation is very much like being born with red hair and green eyes. I didn't get a lot of choice and neither does someone who is Gay.

And in complete honesty, it breaks my heart to have others judged on anything other than if they are a good person or a rotten cad who causes harm to others in our world.

P.S. My household piping isn't human nor does it have feelings - gentle smile.

Edited by MaraM, 26 December 2006 - 08:39 PM.

Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,062 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:46 PM

The Bible can be interpreted in many different ways, especially when small sections are looked at and when the culture of the times in which it was written or passed down orally are not taken into account.

The Bible has been used to justify: torture, stoning, polygamy, slavery, war, and other behaviours some horrible and others simply different.

Rather than getting stuck on details outside of the larger context, instead look at the large themes:

Love one another, forgive one another, do not harm another, help one another, do not be greedy.

It might be of interest to know that physically, there is not a strict male and female binary. Those that do not fit into the binary are frequently, in our society, surgically altered or misinformed about their actual physical identity as if there was something wrong with them. Medically, they are called "inter-sexed". See for example:

Kuhnle, Ursula and Wolfgang Krahl. "The impact of Culture on Sex Assignment and Gender Development in Intersex patients." Perspectives in Biology and Medicine (45)1, 85-103, 2002.

Turner, Stephanie S. "Intersex Identities: Locating New Intersections of Sex and Gender." Gender and Society (13)4, 457-479, Aug. 1999.

Marriage is much more than what goes on in the bedroom. When two people are true helpmates to each other and cherish one another, I do not care whether it is between people of opposite physical sexes or not. Which is better: a loving relationship between two men or two women or a relationship of exploitation and forced physical interaction between a man and a woman that the law calls marriage? The latter is far too prevalent in our society.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:03 PM

If a person has found someone to love and who loves them...does it matter if they are the same sex?

If they want to bring children into their relationship, there are many babies waiting to find loving adoptive parents,especially from south east Asia.
The adoption agencies don't discriminate against same sex marriages.
That would be against the law.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:06 PM

The last time I checked, marriage was with male and female. Not male-male, and not female-female. There is no marriage if there is no husband AND wife.

If two people want to live like that, I say let them. But I wouldn't take part in marrying them to each-other. Although gays should be respected in the world as human beings, I wouldn't allow marriages between them to take place.

Since gay marriages have been such a right to gay people, we've actually made our children really un-sure what marriage really is about. It's about a male AND a female ONLY. And for those that thinks it's ok, there should be no discrepancies when your male or female child comes to you and say they're gay and they want to marry their partner. Don't let it bother you then.

It's so amazing that we are so-called trying to fight a war called A.I.D.S., but yet and still, we encourage the world and our culture that partnering up with the same sex is ok.

So, I must conclude that all of those medical doctors and scientists of this world are ALL wrong on their findings with same sex relations, if same sex marriages are now allowable.

To each his own. But a marriage vow is waaayyyyyy different now than what it used to be. I love and respect gay men and women. They are treated equally in my book, and I'll never mis-treat them in any kind of way what-so-ever, but I wouldn't support any gay marriage at all.

One Man's Opinion

Edited by Walkman, 26 December 2006 - 11:15 PM.

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:26 PM

And besides, if each is created "in His image",then how can being 'Gay' be wrong'

If you read the Bible God created male and female for each other not male and male or female and female.

I dont hate the people I mean the gay people. I dont agree at all with what they do, as its wrong.

I find it sad what the world is coming to.

I saw on tv tonight the kenedy center honors. After they got done talking about dolly parton these women came out and one had her breasts 70% out of her dress. Immodest....Very sad. People never used to do stuff like that.

Same with the gay thing. People never used to come out and say they were gay. They got help. Now they are on tv and people just dont seem to care.

I believe marriage should be for a man and woman just like the Bible says.

No one is born gay its a CHOICE.

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 26 December 2006 - 11:40 PM.

#7 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:29 PM

Why oh Why would the word A.I.D.S be even mentioned in this discussion.......

Unless there is some homophobic tendency here.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#8 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:45 PM

Maybe because aids is prevalent in the gay community. I read aids happens to lots of gay people and causes them to die.

#9 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:12 AM

I completely agree with TMacK - and I'm gonna 'jump in with both feet here' simply because I suspect that there is still a very large and common misconception regarding Gay people being responsible for the spread of Aids.

For instance, at University of Iowa Health Care ... http://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/hivinfe...s/hivi4616.html
...there is a clear and concise article regarding the misconception of Aids - part of it is as follows:

"The highest increases in new HIV infections are in black men, women, heterosexuals, and teens. HIV is not limited to gays or drug users. It does not discriminate as to age, sex, race, or sexual orientation. Most of the new cases of HIV and AIDS are due to sexual contact between a man and woman. It is important to realize that people can be infected with HIV and not even know they are infected".

Re: CGM's: Same with the gay thing. People never used to come out and say they were gay. They got help. Now they are on tv and people just dont seem to care. . Hmmm ... why would a person go for "help because they are Gay? Like it or not, religious views aside, being Gay is as natural to some as breathing is to others - and would we go "for help because we're breathing on a regular basis?

I wonder, with respect for your strong beliefs, what would you do if your child one day admits to being Gay. Tell them they were vile sinners and disown them? Tell them they were 'sick' and needed to go for 'help'? Gentle sigh. Because - and please believe me in this - many Gay children also have very religious parents - and, for that matter, many Gay people are true Christians, as well.

Re: Walkman's: Since gay marriages have been such a right to gay people, we've actually made our children really un-sure what marriage really is about. It's about a male AND a female ONLY. And for those that thinks it's ok, there should be no discrepancies when your male or female child comes to you and say they're gay and they want to marry their partner. Don't let it bother you then.

With the greatest respect (especially since you were kind enough to say, "To each his own" - gentle smile), I often wonder if the children aren't confused at all - on their own - rather it's us adults that perhaps confuse them with our ideas of what is right and wrong?

Edited by MaraM, 27 December 2006 - 12:13 AM.

Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#10 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:43 AM

You say its natural? How?

Science has studied gay people. The idea of a gay gene and such is fake. Its not natural its a choice.

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 27 December 2006 - 12:48 AM.

#11 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:26 AM

i do not have a problem with gay marriages, if you cant find the person you looking for in the opposite sex yet you find your soul mate in the same sex, go ahead. gays are people just like straight people, they just find their love in someone else, who are we to tell them that their feelings are wrong? besides we cant all be the same, it wouldn't be as great a world then. i believe the point about marriage doesn't nesicarily mean breeding, when you get married you shouldn't get married to make sum children, you get married as a way of molding your souls together for the rest of eternity. unfortunately though many people jump into marriage to earl, don't want to work things out and get a divorce, which totally ruins the ideas, and thing marriage has stood for.

im all for the teachings of god, but i dont believe any one religion is totally correct, i believe though that god is merciful and humble and whish's to help us enjoy our time on earth and during that time we should enjoy yet also give thanks for the gift of life. becuase i believe god is humble i do not believe god would hate or outcast a creation of his, everything in life has a purpose.

Edited by ussr1943, 27 December 2006 - 01:28 AM.

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#12 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,062 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:30 AM

Does one choose to like green? Does one choose to like cheese sandwiches? Does one choose to like grapefruit? I dislike grapefruit because it is very bitter. My father enjoys grapefruit because it is refreshing to him. I do not choose to enjoy trees. I simply enjoy them. Some of my friends don't.

While I question the presence of a 'gay gene' it is none-the-less true that people do not have control over what they are attracted to.

A true story, identities left out. Over forty years ago, a pastor was befriended by a family consisting of a mother, a father, and their son. The pastor was almost like a second son to them. Unknown to the pastor until much later, by nature the young man was attracted to men, but he tried to have establish a romantic relationship with a woman as being attracted to a man was simply verboten - not even spoken of. It just didn't work. Unable to deal with this and undoubtedly the feelings that something was 'wrong' with him, he committed suicide leaving holes in the hearts of his parents and the pastor who arrived too late to prevent the suicide.

Suicide and suicide attempts by 'non-straight' people is much higher than among the 'straight' http://www.unhcc.unh.edu/resources/glbt/glbtsuicide.html

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#13 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:32 AM

For all of you that are now bent on the AIDS issue, re-read my post.

My point is that IF AIDS is connected to the homosexuality, then why is gay marriage a right? That's what I meant when I mentioned the AIDS. As far my studying goes, AIDS isn't confirmed to be connected to gay people. IF that were, I'd think more deaths would be happening. AIDS is a strain of Hepititus "B" (which was experimentally made). So as far as the sex part is concerned, they've proven that the same sex isn't the cause of the AIDS virus. But they've proven that anal sex is involved. But still, the same sex marriage doesn't fit in as to helping solve this virus issue.

Now,,, if a gay woman and a gay man were to marry each-other, I'd agree with that, because it's a male and a female. But not the same sex.

MaraM wrote,

With the greatest respect (especially since you were kind enough to say, "To each his own" - gentle smile), I often wonder if the children aren't confused at all - on their own - rather it's us adults that perhaps confuse them with our ideas of what is right and wrong?

You're absolutely right about that. So True. And I believe and know it too.

That's why children shouldn't be exposed to the fact that gay marriages is ok. It never ever was ok before. Why now? What happened? I know what happened. We, as parents of today have fell asleep at the wheel. We have allowed our government to pass laws that We The People entrusted into them to honor and protect. But now we're not honoring our own beliefs.

I say let every-single gay person in this world live and be free and respected as everyone else is, but don't grant them marriage to the same sex,,, period.

But don't get me wrong.,.... gay is everywhere. Everyone has a gay family member... and I mean flesh-and-blood. Gay as gay can be. That's life. All you can do is respect them, and treat them with respect and dignity, and pray for them, just as I'd want them to pray for me. I have plenty of gay associates, and friends, family members, etc..... and I love them all. No matter who you are, and what you do. I am not judging you at all.... because I have no room to judge no one.

As far as people are concerned, gay people are one of the nicest people you can meet. I've been around gay people all my life, and that's because they are human being too, and I know I can't prevent from being around other humans, for the most part.

But, I'm just replying to this topic, that's all. I don't care if you're gay, I'll still:

be your friend
take you to the store
lend you money
invite you into my home
go out with you to certain places
sit down and dine with you
........etc..............

#14 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:37 AM

ok i'm sick of this aids stuff, i know this is going to piss some people off. ok aids = homosexuals, then africa must have alot of homosexuals? see they aren't related. please forgive me if i offended anyone. i'm sorry but i figured i would point out that there really isn't a correlation between aids and homosexuality.

i ask the question, why would god say its alright for non-gay marriges, and condemn gay ones? they both mean the same thing, why would god give the right of eternal bonding to just a chosen few, i very much dissagree with this point, and alough i'm not gay i don't see why they cant marry. "think about the kids" well you can be gay and not have gay sex if thats what you mean, that wont be a bad influence, if gay people can come out of straight homes then why can't straight people come out of gay homes? being gay is a choice, i have a friend who for all my life i've known him straight, but one day he just decided he liked guys. its a choice.

Edited by ussr1943, 27 December 2006 - 01:42 AM.

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#15 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:11 AM

You say its natural? How?

Science has studied gay people. The idea of a gay gene and such is fake. Its not natural its a choice.

Would you please show scientific evidence that being Gay is a "choice"? Thanks.

But come to think about it, does it really matter when it comes to the actual topic of 'Gay Marriages'. After all, our Countries promise freedom of choice and speech - so if two Gay people decide to marry, how is this hurting someone else, I wonder?

And again, without meaning to sound cranky about this, even if one disapproves, would you choose your interpretation of the Bible over supporting a child that happened to be Gay, I wonder?

Edited by MaraM, 27 December 2006 - 02:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users