Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:47 AM

Hi Anyone,

I'm trying to set up an Excel Work Sheet to keep records of my Work History. Column Headings being: Date, Day, In (time started working), Out (time broke form lunch), In (time went back to work after lunch), Out (time quit for the day), Total Hours (total hours in formula =(Out A - In A) + (Out B - In :flowers:), Wages, Description of Work Done.

I get how to make the times "a" for AM and "p" for PM. I got a simple formula for calculating the hours worked: "=(Out A - In A) + (Out B - In :trumpet:)". Only how do I get the hours worked to be expressed in a disciple number with "hrs" behind it as the label. I don't want 4:30 AM under Total Hours (in the hours worked column) when it should be "4.5 Hrs". Anyone?

Then what is the formula for wages, to take the hours worked times dollars per hour to calculate the wages from this and presented as a dollor "$" amount not just a number? Please?

I'm sure I should be able to find how to use spell check for the next column where I enter the description of what I've done but just in case how would I set spell check up for discription?

That should cover what questions I have so far and if I can get an answer to just these I'll consider it a lot. Then I'll return I'm sure for the questions that I'll have once I get this done. But first things first. Anyone that can help me with these few questions will be a life saver. I have about 8 months of work data to put to this excel once I get it set up. So anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

And H A P P Y H O L I D A Y S !

Sincerely,

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:33 AM

It would be easier to format the total hours worked to a simple number (you can label that column "hours worked'), since working with spreadsheets is much easier if you can keep the data in the cells to plain numbers and use columns headings to indicate special format.
If you want the last column to report dollars earned, you can either so label the column, or change the column's format by highlighting the column and clicking on the toolbar dollar sign icon. Your formula for wages is correct: hours worked times rate per hour.

You can spell check your worksheet by highlighting the column (or the entire worksheet, for that matter) and then clicking on the "ABC checkmark" icon on the toolbar.

Hope this helps,
John

Edited by jgweed, 23 December 2006 - 10:41 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users