Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Restarting When Browsing Internet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cookdog23

cookdog23

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 10:27 PM

I have been over on the malware board and have gone through everything they asked me to do over there. We feel very confident now that there are no viruses or malware that might be causing the issue.

Here's a link to that thread if you want to see what I've done so far. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68534/cant-get-rid-of-websearch-adware-junk/

It seems that the PC restarts every so often when browsing the internet. I can leave it on for days and not touch it and it is fine, but the very second I open up a browser and try to go to a website it restarts without any warning. Sometimes I can browse for several minutes.... 30 to an hour and then it will restart suddenly. There is an error that pops for about a split second when the screen goes black, but it's too fast to actually see what it is.

This is very frustrating. Is the network card bad? Is the hard drive going bad? I hope someone on here can help me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

CD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 03:53 AM

Have you tried using more than one browser when you surf the Internet?

♥ Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:48 AM

Use this link to find the error message and let us know what it says: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 cookdog23

cookdog23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2006 - 04:23 PM

Alright, I finally got it. Thanks for the link by the way.

The main error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical information:

*** STOP:0X000000D1 (0X01000014, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0XF3CF3777)

*** tcpip.sys - Address F3CF3777 base at F3CE1000, Datestamp 444775d3

Thanks again for whatever help you can give me.

CD

#5 cookdog23

cookdog23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:15 PM

In response to the browser question.... Yes, I am usually using Mozilla when it crashes. I don't use IE very much so I'm not sure if it crashes when I use IE.

#6 cookdog23

cookdog23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:21 PM

I found this command when looking around for that error on that file.

netsh int ip reset c:\reset_tcpip.txt

I haven't crashed since I did this. What do you guys think?

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 25 December 2006 - 11:18 AM

Nothing succeeds like success!

I'd say leave it be - if it starts to restart again, then we'll dive in deeper.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users