Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port Forward

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:51 PM

hi all im not so network savvy but i am trying to run a counterstrike source server just for me and a few friends to play (like 8 person slot) and they all live in the same city. now i have all the files and everything set up for the server and i can start and run it and everything works fine even the mods on my server. i can join the server fine but my friends cannot, sometimes it says this is a lan only game but i made sure it was internet. i was told it might be a problem where i have to forward some ports (i was told maybe port 27015). i dunno much about this field and i would like to know whats the problem, if i do have to forward my ports what ones do i need and how can i do this as painlessly as possible, i was told to go to 192.168.1.1 and login, but i dunno the name and pass. any help is apreciated.
thanks
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:16 PM

What type of router are you using?
JC

#3 ussr1943

ussr1943
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:23 PM

linksys, ok i found the pass and name to use for my router and i went to the ip 192.168.1.1 i know what ports i have to forward

If you are behind a router, make sure it is forwarding ports TCP 27015, UDP 27015, and UDP 27020 to the server's internal IP (something like 192.168.0.*). Type ipconfig in the Command Prompt to get the server's internal IP.

how do i do this stuff on the ip page?
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford

#4 ussr1943

ussr1943
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:28 PM

sorry all but i am pretty sure i got it figured out i am gunna get one of my buds to get online and check it out, becuase i can now see the server running in the universal steam server list, which i couldnt before.

#5 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:33 PM

ussr1943: Pick your exact make and model from the list on the Port Forward website, provided below. After you have selected the make and model from the list provided, you will need to click on the name of the game on the list provided. It will give you the details that you require to setup port forwarding on your router.

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers...routerindex.htm

Hope that helps,
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users