Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nokia Pc Suite 5.8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thebestrc

thebestrc

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:54 PM

i recently installed nokia pc suite 5.8 i know this isn't the latest version but the new version just doesn't seem to work for me. When i've finished installing cable drivers and the program itself the phone isn't recognised by the pc. Usually the first time you connect the phone to the pc you automatically get new hardware found and it starts installing the relevant drivers for the phone to be recognised by the pc.
Unfortunately this didn't happen for me . I tried restarting the pc many times but without success. So then i had the brainstorm of installing the drivers manually for my phone. I did this and the phone is now recognised by the pc ( it says data enhancement connected on the phone ) but when i try to use the program its says no phone connected.
Any help for me on this one guys?? i've been trying to fix this problem all day :thumbsup: along with other stuff.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thebestrc

thebestrc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2006 - 01:59 PM

FIXED

Went to www.nokia.co.uk and download the latest web release on nokia pc suite. UNinstalled the previous versions of nokia pc suite and other affilated programs. Installed the new web release version and followed the instructions. BINGO works like a charm now.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:48 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users