Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Believe I Have A Trojan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aaron023

Aaron023

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:22 PM

Long story short, i was off the computer for 2 weeks, came back, younger kids were on the computer and now some sort of a bug or trojan is on it. It makes the startup splash screens and all of the icons (and now as of recently some text) look like they have little dots and bars all around them and in them. My cursor for my mouse has little dots and lines randomly strewn around it. The computer is definately running slow, and i believe my connection to the intraweb is slowed down as well, but only on that computer ( im on a mac now).

I play cs:s and for a while i was getting choke, and the computer got gradually slower, and when i came back, i had this. Now i cant play ANY game whatsoever, because the graphics are so messed up i cant tell what anything is, save for who killed who. From a counterstrike standpoint, basically i can see is the map and who killed who, and a bit of my gun, but the rest is a mad flurry of colors spinning and rotating in random motion.

I have been to lavasoftsupport, and they are currently trying to help me, and the guy had me do some combofix and HJT stuff, and post the logs accordingly. But then he told me to look at my color resolution.... almost as an insult to my intelligence. My color resolution as been the same for years now, and there has never been a problem. IF you would like, i can post screen shots of the icons and desktop if it would help you diagnose, and i can perform any HJT logs that you guys may want to see.

I use Windows XP home edition with a P4 processor, and am currently running windows defender... along with some aol BS that seems to hose the computer more times than not.

Upon startup, even a little bit when booting in safemode, the splash screen has a bunch of blue blocks all neatly ordered and some of them have oriental characters in them. Basically, it would be nice if you guys could help me out so i do not have to reformat or restore.

Thanks guys,
Aaron.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:01 AM

I have been to lavasoftsupport, and they are currently trying to help me, and the guy had me do some combofix and HJT stuff, and post the logs accordingly. But then he told me to look at my color resolution.... almost as an insult to my intelligence. My color resolution as been the same for years now, and there has never been a problem. IF you would like, i can post screen shots of the icons and desktop if it would help you diagnose, and i can perform any HJT logs that you guys may want to see.

First, if you start support here, please discontinue following the advice at Lavasoft. Having two groups trying to fix your computer will be very confusing for both. It sounds like you are in the middle of the cleaning process so go ahead an post your log here: HijackThis Logs and Analysis.

We try to resolve logs on a first come/first served basis. Be patient. All of our HJT team members are volunteers. Do not bump your topic. Bumping your log you will be pushed back in line due to the new date of your bump.

You may also want to reference this topic when you post your HJT log.

Good luck with your fix!

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users