Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Far Cry

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chriscool9

chriscool9

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:27 AM

Hey, well some of you might remember me posting that my games kept crashing, well after sending my laptop back its now working. Turns out it just needed the heat sink cleaning (which is what i thought). Anyway now I've got it going i want to play Far Cry on multiplayer but when i click login it just wont connect. I've set up my ports as suggested from Ubi.com and Portforward.com but Portforward.com just confused me. Anyway i did what i could on UBI.Com and it still doesn't work.
Oh also when i play it on singleplayer the ground is non existent. For example when im on the first mission, i think its the training one when im in the temple its completely fine. However when i went outside there is no ground!!! Its just white, i can see all the trees, bushes, buildings etc etc, but not the ground, or water. Ive updated latest drivers, but i think its my graphics card because its not the best (SiS M760GX inbuilt).
Anyway any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bol804

bol804

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:38 PM

Hi, I am a multiplayer of Far Cry and I know the graphics are pretty intensive. The glitch you described does sound like a driver error. As far as the multiplayer game goes, have you patched your game to the latest patch (1.4)?
Lots of help here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&...amp;f=452106891

Hope this helps.

#3 chriscool9

chriscool9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:38 PM

Ahhh Cheers Buddy