Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should I Uninstall This?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dcanaday

dcanaday

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:24 AM

I was looking for things to uninstall using the bleeping computer uninstal list when I found a program that is using the most bizarre charactes. I can't even reproduce it here. However, it does have the word "payplus" embedded in the other wise random character string.

When I click on the remove button, I get a pop up that says "Paylus Plugin V6 ?? ??? ?? ???????" and in place of the OK and Cancel buttons it has two buttons that each have two question marks on it. I clicked neither and instead clicked on the red x at the top right of the popup to close it.

I don't even know how to uninstall this if I wanted to. I understand that malware writers have little trouble preventing conventional uninstalling.

Hope someone here can help.

Thanks,
Don

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:41 AM

Why not check and see what the file is here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/securitybl...e-submitter-20/

then, if it is something bad go check the Am I infected \hijac k this forums.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 10:42 AM

I understand that malware writers have little trouble preventing conventional uninstalling.

Very true. They use unethical means to allow their software to remain on your computer. I would suggest using BC's malware removal guide to get rid of the bad stuff. This guide is easy to follow and has step by step instructions.

Good luck,

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users