Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Symantec Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soccerbeast84

soccerbeast84

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:11 AM

What should i do to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:15 AM

Do you click on "Live Update" to get the most up to to date protection?
Your subscription hasn't expired has it?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 soccerbeast84

soccerbeast84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 24 December 2006 - 05:08 AM

yeah i clicked on live update... and i dotn think it has a subscription because its provided through my school... (Washington State University), and i have it on my laptop too and my laptop version is auto-protecting... Any thoughts?

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 24 December 2006 - 07:36 AM

You used the same registration key for both PC's?

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,858 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 25 December 2006 - 12:00 AM

soccerbeast84: You might need to uninstall and reinstall the program. Also, check your school's website for newer versions of the software. If they have a new one, uninstall the old one and install the new one. Note: Download the file to a memory stick or CD and make sure you are disconnected from the internet before stopping your AV protection and uninstalling it. Do not reconnect to the internet until the AV is reinstalled or installed fresh as the case may be.

If this doesn't work, you probably should look into the possibilities of infection as many infections disable and corrupt AV products.

fozzie: Universities here in the U.S. often provide for their students security software and other software 'free of charge' or at low cost on a special corporate license the university has. Upon graduation, most of these programs then need to be removed from the students' computers.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users