Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Moding Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 vargint

vargint

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:24 AM

Not sure if this is the right spot, but here it goes.

I need to modify my browser, so that when I click a specific link, it takes me somewhere else other other then that link.

EX.
When I go to yahoo.com and click on 'games' instead of it taking me to the games list it takes me where I program it.

I know that I will either need to get a mod for Firefox(my browser) or a third party program. But other then that, i have no clue where to start.

Please help me this is very important.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:19 PM

Your question is a little unclear. Could you please reword it vargint.
Thank you.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 vargint

vargint
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2006 - 01:42 PM

Lets say I go on this website, 'bleepingcomputer.com' and when I click on the 'forums' tab, instad of taking me here, it'll take me somewhere else, pre-specified by me.

This is what I'm trying to achive. Does anyone know how I would go about doing it?

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:01 PM

I am unclear about WHY you want to do this kind of "browser hijacking."
I would think that if you wanted to click on a link, you would want to go to THAT link, and not somewhere else, and if you wanted to go to somewhere ELSE you would just click on THAT link.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 vargint

vargint
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2006 - 02:15 AM

Well, I dont think the why is that important in this case. I'm simply doing it for the heck of it, realy. I don't want to hack into someone else's computer, if thats your concern. I don't want to know how to hack other's computers either.

I just want to re-direct a link to something of my own. What I don't know is what tools I need.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 23 December 2006 - 03:38 AM

When posting you agree that the administrators and the moderators of this forum has the right to modify, delete, edit or close any topic at any time that they see fit. If you have any questions concerning this, please do not start a new thread, but rather private message to an administrator or moderator.

The full text can be found here: BleepingComputer.com Message Boards Rules

With your nonchalant "Well, I dont think the why is that important in this case." reply. You have caused a bit of concern as to the real purpose, of your request. With that being said, I am closing this thread to any further discussion.

You may ask this question elsewhere. If you have legitimate issues or valid questions you are more than welcome to ask them here at Bleeping Computer. But this particular issue is done.

Animal, Forum Moderator

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users