Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Opening Links With Msn

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NyteHawke

NyteHawke

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:11 PM

I am using Windows xp Media Center addition.
I have 1 gig ram and I have a 1.6 duo processor.

I have verizon online DSL w/ MSN premium

Recently MSN updated updated their browser though I am not sure what was updated since everything looks the same. The only difference is that I am unable to open links in websites. This is not happening on all websites but what I dont get is why would it happen on some sites and not others.

I have tried talking to verizon and MSN both and the only thing they suggested was reinstalling the program. I did that and the same thing is still happening. Is anyone else noticing this? What have you tried?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:45 AM

Did you install IE 7.0?

#3 NyteHawke

NyteHawke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:24 PM

I had installed IE 7 but did that a while back before this thing with MSN browswer started. Are they conflicting?

#4 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:08 AM

Yes there are still a number of issues with IE7 my suggestion is to go back to IE6.

#5 NyteHawke

NyteHawke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:11 AM

if I uninstall 7 will it go back to IE6 if it is what I had origanally? Or can I just use Fire Fox which I also have on here as well? I went into the add and remove program and do not see IE7 there. Any suggestions?

Edited by NyteHawke, 23 December 2006 - 06:23 AM.

#6 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:19 AM

Yes you can use Firefox except for the windows updates and some of the online scans. If you go to Software in Control Panel and go to add or remove Windows programs you should see it. Klick here for the downloadlink.
There are various good add-ons for Firefox such as No Script and Adblock for enhanced safety. Customized google enlightens your "googling experiance ".

#7 NyteHawke

NyteHawke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:15 AM

There must be a lot more error with IE7 then I thought.
When I go into control panel and Add/Remove programs. I do not even see it on that list.
When I go into add/remove windows compoinients I uncheck Internet Explorer but that does not seem to make any difference. So this means I can not uninstall IE7 and reinstall IE6 or is there a tool that can be used?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users