Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Resolving Adding Midi Hardware Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jerri1031

jerri1031

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:09 AM

Hello:
This is my first post - thank you in advance for any assistance including feedback of posting in wrong place or posting incorrect title, etc.
Once again I am getting an error message regarding a "MPU-401 Compatible MIDI device" -- error message: "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

I cannot find how I solved this problem the first time it happened about a week ago. I have tried using updating drivers both using the recovery disc as well as not using the recovery disc. Tried rolling back to previous driver. Also tried uninstalling driver and reinstalling but still getting same message. === I have spent so much time troubleshooting that I forgot what I did just prior to the error, however it is possible it occurred after I uninstalled an application callled "dB PowerAMP Music Converter" or another "dB" application.

Thank you for any assisance whatsoever. -- Jerri
HP Compaq nx6125
Microsoft XP Professional, v. 2002, SP 2
Office 2003 (Basic)
Processor: AMD Turion 64 Mobile ML-28; 384 MB of RAM; [font=Verdana][font=Verdana][font=Verdana]x86 Family15 Model 36 Stepping 2; 1600 MHz; 512 KB
BIOS Version: 68DTT Ver. F.11; "Help and Support" Version: 3.200.16.1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:40 AM

What is your Operating System?This is the solution for error 12 problems.

Edited by fozzie, 21 December 2006 - 06:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users