Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Generic Host Process For Win 32 Services

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FarKitCat

FarKitCat

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:09 AM

About a month ago, I had my laptop reformatted and soon after, I started having the error "Generic Host Process For Win 32 Services". The main reason why I never bothered going back to te computer shop to get it checked was because the error stopped for a few months. and now it's back, worse than ever. within 15 minutes, it pops up. and after I close it, I can't listen to any music or anything- something about codecs.

I'm running Windows XP and use Kaspersky, and I run adware scans every few days. I don't know what to do. Help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:45 AM

Try this hotfix.

#3 FarKitCat

FarKitCat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:00 AM

I just found out that the main cause for the "generic Host for Win32 Processes" error was because of my Windowblinds. I don't understand how that one program can affect my whole laptop. Any explainations on that would be greatly appreciated.

I wondered if it was because of my winblinds copy, which was given to be (cracked) by someone. So I took the laptop tp the shop to get my error dealt with- to which they had to reinstall my Windows. They also took the liberty of installing an older version of winblinds which seemed to work fine, though it caused my bluetooth driver to be corrupt.

So now I'm abit tiffed because I really really want to use winblinds (and that same exe file worked fine on my boyfriend's laptop) but I daren't install it again for fear of corrupting either my windows or bluetooth again.

Please help me get to the bottom of this. Is it something to do with my windows, or is it just having the bad luck of getting bad copies of winblinds? because if it can work fine on my boyfriend's, then why not on mine?

:thumbsup:

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:11 AM

Cracked programs will crack your computer as you have found. Don't use them. If you want windows blinds you will have to get a legit. copy. Unless you have a corporate license, only one copy of the program per computer is permitted.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:15 AM

2 drawbacks to "cracked" copies:
1) The "cracker" doesn't offer support
2) You can't get support from the legitimate author.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users