Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'my Computer' Display

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wintal

Wintal

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:11 AM

How to I change the view in the "My Computer" section. I had someone fiddling with ym computer and now it's listing them from A-Z rather than sorting them by 'Hard Discs" "Removable Storage" "Scanners and Cameras" etc. How do I change it back.

Many Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:25 AM

Hi Wintal

Right click on an open space in My Computer and choose the Arrange Icons Menu. On this menu put a check mark by both Type and Show in Groups.

See you around :thumbsup:
There is no justice, there is just us.

#3 Wintal

Wintal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:10 AM

Yeah that's allready ticked.. it's listing in a different type of groups though. By Alphabetical order not by Type.

#4 1101doc

1101doc

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:33 AM

I would likely try unchecking everything, switching to "Classic" display mode and rebooting.
Then switching to XP mode and rebooting. At that point everything should be at default and ready to configure.
Neurons that fire together, wire together.
posted with Opera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users