Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pokapoka79.exe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Niraan

Niraan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:29 PM

I've been infected with this file for a long while and don't know how to get rid of it. I paged through a few threads about it before posting here and tried two remedies aside form Ad-Aware (LQfix.exe, which failed upon installation and HiJackThis, which didn't really fail just that I'm too ignorant to use it :thumbsup:). Of course, I have no earthly idea what it is I'm doing, so that's why I'm asking for help about it here.
There's also another file attached to the pokapoka79 called nt_hide79.dll.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,538 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:40 PM

Hello and Welcome to bleeping computer

The trojans you've named act as keyloggers, and disable security software. If you have used websites which contain sensitive data, such as online banking, You should change the passwords from a PC which is known to be safe and check such accounts for any unusual activity.

Immediately scan your PC with HouseCall by Trend Micro
free online scan

Update and scan in safe mode with your Antivirus
If you do not have an AV go here and install AVG FREE

Install,update and scan with Spybot-S&D

Now Make sure your Windows a fully updated Windows Update

Now install,update and scan with SUPERAntispyware, free version Home User

Reboot
These are serious trojans, If after this some how they are not gone,You will need to have a Bc Hijack expert take you thru it. In that case go HERE
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,954 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:02 PM

Can you be more specific as to what happened when you say LQfix.exe failed upon installation? Were there any error messages?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Niraan

Niraan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:31 AM

Can you be more specific as to what happened when you say LQfix.exe failed upon installation? Were there any error messages?

Well, when the run command prompt box comes up, the program says it's trying to download some bfu.zip file but can't because of some unknown reason. I turned off my firewall for it, like the program guessed was wrong, but still nothing.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,954 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:31 AM

Please download these two scripts:
LQfirst.bfu
LQsecond.bfu
and place them inside the LQfix folder (%Windir%\LQfix where %Windir% is a variable for the Windows or Winnt-folder)

Then download Brute Force Uninstaller and save it to your desktop.
  • Unzip/extract bfu.zip to the same folder that the LQFix files are in.
    (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. A ZIP file requires an unzipping utility. If you need one, download 7zip (its free).
  • Then rerun the ClickThis.bat file.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users