Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Wait While Windows Configures

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gswiss

Gswiss

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:03 PM

I came across several similar cases described in various in Forums but no solution presented solved my situation.
I am running under W2k-SP4. Whenever I try to install a program, "Please wait while Windows configures Scansoft PDF Professional 3.0" pops up. It also pops up when I run some Utility programs installed months ago (such as Registry Mechanic).
I got rid of all Scansoft softwares weeks ago (Uninstall + deletion of registry entries using Resplendent Registrar).
I replaced msiexec with Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803-v2-x86). Nothing doing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:56 AM

What I saw in the same forums this is a bogus programm. It resides deep in your programm . Try the following :

Download install and update Ccleaner
After installing and updating go to options - advanced and tick prompt for registry back ups
Now Start up in safe mode
Do two runs

1) Click on problems and tick all. Click on analyse. At the end you will be prompted for storing a backup.
This will be stored, as a default, in My documents.
2) Click on cleaner click on analyse and accept all files to be removed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users