Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Capella University

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Thee Ox

Thee Ox

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:33 AM

Greetings and Merry Christmas to all.

I would appreciate any comments pro and/or con about Capella University - www.Capella.edu
They are an online accredited university I'm looking into and want as much feedback about the place as I can get.

I appreciate you time and help.

Also..I want to thank you all for all the help and advice you have given me throughout this year. Your advice has saved my butt many times.

Merry Christmas - Happy New Year to all.

Yer pal,

Thee :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:34 PM

Hi Thee Ox,

Just typing in 'consumer review Capella University' using Google brought up some info - but biased, of course, depending on who's site one goes to.

While I can't comment on Capella itself, may I suggest that the first step could possibly be to check that it's fully Accredited?

And equally important, do the degrees received hold any standing with possible employers. Perhaps simply contact one or two companies that have positions similar to what you'd like to be doing upon graduation, and ask for an appointment to meet and discuss what they are looking for in education, etc. (Most companies are flattered that you are interested and are more than happy to meet with you and offer advise).

Congratulations on wanting to further your education!!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users