Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Hijacked My Homepage!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Raspy

Raspy

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:11 PM

Hey everyone please help me with this it is driving me crazy. HP set my homepage to http://hp-desktop.aol.com/ It will not allow me to change it. When I go to Tools, Internet Options then set my homepage to Google.Com as soon as I restart IE6 it changes it back to that damn hp-desktop.aol.com page. Does anyone have any ideas or things for me to try in order for me to get my homepage back?

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 19 December 2006 - 06:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:42 PM

Are you using an old version of Zone Alarm Free that hasn't been updated? This was problem with ZA. Try changing the homepage in Safe Mode.

Also read this about HP redirecting you to AOhelL homepage. They have a solution to change your page. If it works I do not know.

How do I set another homepage as my default?

HP customers can change their default homepage through Windows’ Control Panel in the Network and Internet Connections section.

http://about.aol.com/faq/hp
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 Raspy

Raspy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:32 PM

Yes I am using Zone Alarm. Do you recomend I use a different free Firewall?

Also I tired the fixes suggested on AoHell and they didnt work.

#4 Raspy

Raspy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:23 AM

Ok I changed firewalls, and tried everything that has been posted yet it still wont allow me to change my homepage. Does anyone have any ideas?

Ok I changed firewalls, and tried everything that has been posted yet it still wont allow me to change my homepage. Does anyone have any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users