Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winxp/2k - Roaming Profiles Not Working - Why?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kaemic

Kaemic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 19 December 2006 - 03:38 AM

We're in the middle of a school project about setting up a P2P network, not anything particulary advanced.

But the other day we tried configuring the computers to use roaming profiles, piece of cake until the next day when we rebooted, roaming profiles wasn't working at all, user settings wasn't imported and nothing really seemed to work on one of the desktops while the other one which the userprofiles was copied to the server from worked as normal.

We then went back to use local user settings and all works fine.

We asked our teacher what was going on, he "explained" that "It's just something with XP/2K, I'm not sure why though"

What can cause this? I'm very puzzled :S

I hope someone can give me a decent answer..

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:56 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314478

Same problem with Windows NT servers, fixed here, broken there, but perhaps something from the MS will work for you.

Edited by tos226, 19 December 2006 - 05:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users