Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partition Magic

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 robertunes

robertunes

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:13 PM

I am running both XP Pro and Windows Server 2003 Standard on one machine (dual boot). Is there any program that enables you to boot off the windows xp partition while in windows 2003? VMware has something like that with there virtualization products. That means you can use a phyical disk instead of a hard disk image for the virtual machine. I have the workstation version, and you can create a new virtual PC on a sperate partition, but you cannot boot another [pre-made] partition. So is there any software on the internet that allows yo to boot off another partition while a OS is loaded on a another partition??? The reason why: I want to continue the use of the server but use my xp pro partition with all of office applications/everything else on it.

Partition 1: Windows XP Pro
Partition 2: Windows Server 2003 Standard
Problem: Booting partition 1 on partition 2

I have not heard of a app that can do this. Have any of you ever heard of such product?????

-robertunes

PS: Sorry if this is the wrong fourm. It does have to do with windows 2003!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by robertunes, 18 December 2006 - 11:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users