Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Install Quicktime

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xanderhed

xanderhed

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:56 AM

I just purchased an iPod Video and when I try to install QuickTime the following error message occurs.

"Could not open key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\QuickTimePlayerLib.QuickTimePlayerApp\CLSID. Verify that you have sufficent access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

I've gone to "regedit" and I can get to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\QuickTimePlayerLib.QuickTimePlayerApp" but then I get another error saying

"Cannot open QuickTimePlayerLib.QuickTimePlayerApp: Error while opening key."

Please help!

Edited by xanderhed, 18 December 2006 - 02:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:12 AM

Are you logged in as Administrator when trying to install?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 xanderhed

xanderhed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:23 AM

Yea

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:12 AM

Check to see if an older version of Quicktime is running in the background while you are trying to install the latest one as this can cause conflicts.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:15 AM

If you're just using Quicktime to view Quicktime media, don't install it, instead download and install Quicktime Alternative, smaller in size, less clutter on your machine and quicker to load IMHO.

Download from here
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users