Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ist Bar!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pac73

pac73

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:23 PM

Hi guys,does anybody know how i can get rid of IST BAR.Ive got avg,superantispyware,adaware se,spybot,a2 and counterspy,but none of them detects it.It does,nt show up in hjt.Panda active scan is the only thing that detects it.So how do i get rid of this nasty,thanks paul.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:31 PM

symantec has a removal tool
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-99&tabid=3
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 pac73

pac73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:35 PM

Sorry,i should of said ive tried that.It did,nt find it.Im thinking of downloading Panda Internet Security 2007 Evaluation free for a month.That should find it if the active scan did.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,496 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:37 PM

OK, How do you know you have that adware/toolbar? What symptoms do you have?

IST BAR is blocked from installing by the program Spyware Blaster

You may want to check your security settings in IE for ActiveX and block active X unless you specifically allow it.

Edited by buddy215, 17 December 2006 - 06:26 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 pac73

pac73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:53 PM

Buddy,Panda Active Scan told me i had IST BAR.So i downloaded Panda Internet Security 2007 evaluation and it found and disinfected something.It must of been IST BAR because ive just done another Panda online Activescan and it found nothing.And it does,nt take ages for a page to load up.Ive disabled,then enabled system restore,so hopefully im clean.

#6 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:02 AM

As a 2nd opinion try either Panda online scan or Ewidoonline scan

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,496 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:21 AM

Yes, it sounds like you did have an infection. In my earlier post I mentioned that Spyware Blaster blocks bad ActicveX programs. It is a program that you don't scan with but works in the background and uses little resources. http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html This program will need to be updated twice a month.

I would also recommend that you post a Hijack This log because Panda did find something. Let the experts take a look and give you peace of mind. Just follow the directions in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users