Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wallpaper Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 QKATQ

QKATQ

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:07 PM

Hello Everyone. I have a problem that is driving me crazy because I know it is probably a very easy fix, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

I have a 3 x 3 inch square of some old stationary that I used in email once showing up on my desktop wallpaper. I use Webshots for my wallpaper and no matter what pic I use, I will still have that 3 x 3 inch square of stationary on there. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Webshots but that doesn't help. Even if I don't use any wallpaper, I will still get that 3 x 3 inch square of stationary of there.

Any ideas? Thank you. Kat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 17 December 2006 - 04:57 PM

Have you tried deleting or moving that old stationary?
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2006 - 07:40 PM

Hello Everyone. I have a problem that is driving me crazy because I know it is probably a very easy fix, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

I have a 3 x 3 inch square of some old stationary that I used in email once showing up on my desktop wallpaper. I use Webshots for my wallpaper and no matter what pic I use, I will still have that 3 x 3 inch square of stationary on there. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Webshots but that doesn't help. Even if I don't use any wallpaper, I will still get that 3 x 3 inch square of stationary of there.

Any ideas? Thank you. Kat

Removing deleted stationery from the Outlook Express stationery list

Did you delete stationery and it still shows up in the list in the Format Menu? Get rid of it by navigating to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{long number inside these brackets...if you have more than one identity, you will have to check each one}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0 (or whatever version you have).

In here you will see two folders....one says Recent Stationery List and one says Recent Stationery Wide List.....click on one to display it's contents in the right pane. In here you will see the name of the stationery you want to get rid of. Click once on the file number to the left of the stationary name and hit your delete key. Say yes to the prompt that asks are you sure you want to delete this key. Then repeat this with the other folder and repeat it in all identities if you have more than one. Then close the registry editor by clicking on the X in the upper right corner. Launch Outlook Express and the stationary will no longer be in the list.

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:39 PM

Hi QKATQ,

Way back in my memory I seem to remember something about the desktop (??) causing that issue. Let me check my notes at work. Until then, a quick fix maybe to go back to a system restore point before the problem occured - if that wasn't too far back. Just remember that everything changes back to the restore point state.

If you right click on the "square", what are your options?

Edited by rigel, 17 December 2006 - 08:42 PM.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 QKATQ

QKATQ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:06 AM

The stationary that peeks through is not Outlook Express. It is the stationary from the browser that I use <Yahoo>. I contacted Yahoo but they said it is not their problem. :thumbsup: When I right click the square, it is the same as if I right click anywhere on the desktop <arrange icons, refresh, etc>.

I can't go back far enough to do a system restore.

I can recall having this same problem a few years ago and I think it was an easy fix but for the life of me I can't remember how I fixed it. Kat

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2006 - 01:40 PM

If you right click on the "square",

Do any options show?

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,612 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:00 PM

I had something similar once that involved the "Paint" program. You said you used "screen shots" for screen savers. Do you keep the program you use to make the screen shots in your task bar?
If it is something that is in a temporary folder somewhere, Ccleaner does an excellent job of cleaning these.
Looking around in Google there were some fixes involving editing the registry.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users